The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE BIOLOGY UNIT 1 Question Game!

Scroll to see replies

Meh Minion Case on my phone is so distracting :tongue:
Original post by dhruvap
To see the different types of microorganisms in the selected medium.

Yes, we have 3 units in AQA, BIO UNIT 1, BIO UNIT 2, BIO UNIT 3. All seperate exams.

Luckyyyyy and thanks for answering my q anyway :smile:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Meh Minion Case on my phone is so distracting :tongue:

Sounds like your revision is going great then 😂
Do you need to know about Dolly the sheep for B1 Adult Cell Cloning or summit? :biggrin:
Do you need to know about Dolly the sheep for B1 Adult Cell Cloning or summit? :biggrin:

Nope, not in the spec but we need to know process involved in making her
Original post by emunia123
Sounds like your revision is going great then 😂

LMAO, was going great, until meh mum started shouting at me for not turning my phone on LMAO. :biggrin:

I would tell you but I have no idea sorry
Na dw, and thts gd, its not, im doing additional so yh dont apply to me but mitosis, and mieosis r so long :frown:
Na dw, and thts gd, its not, im doing additional so yh dont apply to me but mitosis, and mieosis r so long :frown:

At least you get it divided into units- we get told "revise the textbook" for both biology exams :/
Difference between recessive and dominant alleles?
Lolz, sad times, i guess life not fair but yanno, but trust me it is not as good as it sounds :biggrin:
Gonna go get some sleep so i can think tomorrow, so night guys and good luck :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Ima go, cya tomorow, nice meeting all of youz, and wish you the best of luck for tomorow, ill talk to u about how it's gon tomorow :biggrin:
Original post by IAmAnTroll
FSH is produced in the pituitary gland and matures the egg and stimulates the production of LH

Q: Explain how phototropism and geotropism work in plants (6 marks)

Auxin is a plant hormone that controls growth near the tips of shoots and roots.
It controls the growth of a plant in response to the light which is called phototropism, Gravity gravitropism or geotropism
good luck everyone! dont stress and check your answers
Original post by JakeAntonyBrown
What did you get? :smile:

Cya tomorow, hope your science exam goes well, and don't worry, be cool about it, nice meeting you, your really nicee! :smile: :biggrin:
Cya tomorow, hope your science exam goes well, and don't worry, be cool about it, nice meeting you, your really nicee! :smile: :biggrin:

Good luck 2 everyone.

remember dont use highlighters like i used today and got told off for higlighting the question!!!!!
Original post by emunia123
Difference between recessive and dominant alleles?

Not in B1.
I understand that genetic engineering can be used to produce human insulin in a bacterium, but how does this help with diabetes? Are the bacteria inserted into the pancreas?
Original post by jazz_xox_
I understand that genetic engineering can be used to produce human insulin in a bacterium, but how does this help with diabetes? Are the bacteria inserted into the pancreas?

The bacterium can now reproduce rapidly and because people with diabetes can't produce insulin, the bacteria produces it instead, giving the person insulin. This controls your blood sugar levels.

Hope this helped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending