The Student Room Group

Can I still get an A* in these circumstances?

Learn the whole Edexcel Triple Physics IGCSE syllabus before the paper 1 on the 25th

Memorise around 2000 words + literary analyses for 4 texts in Latin (English translation) for 2 exams on the 20th - 23rd

Read English lit set text (a view from the bridge) and practice enough and unseen poetry (to an A* level)

Revise AQA RS B Unit 3 syllabus to an A* standard

Learn evrything needed for CIE Geog Paper 4 to a 100% (or close) standard as I flopped the other 2 papers.

Keep in mind I have an exam or more every day this and next week except for Fridays and tomorrow.

Do you think this is possible if I go absolutely HAM? I want an A* in everything.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
meh, I'm having too re-do one of my art sketchbooks as I lost it so I can get a B or more in Art.
I've got until the 28th of May, but keep in mind I have 6 exams in-between now and then.

You can still get an A* and don't let anyone say you can't.
Life becomes hard if you take the easy way out. Make a few sacrifices and you shall do well.
Good luck
BULLETZONE
Reply 3
I'm sorry to be pessimistic but I think you may have left it a bit too late, with a months solid revision then it's a possibility but with the little time you have left, most likely not! Why have you left it this late? Especially when you want/need A*s!
Reply 4
Original post by JoeMcG
I'm sorry to be pessimistic but I think you may have left it a bit too late, with a months solid revision then it's a possibility but with the little time you have left, most likely not! Why have you left it this late? Especially when you want/need A*s!

no excuse tbh, I just tried to revise on many occasions and ended up procrastinating
Reply 5
Original post by nega166
bump

Thank you!
Reply 6
Original post by nega166
no excuse tbh, I just tried to revise on many occasions and ended up procrastinating

Don't get me wrong, it's a possibility that you can but all A*'s is pushing it slightly. You can still get good grades (A's etc) if you dedicate all 'spare time' that you have such as staying in at break and lunch, getting to school early if possible, staying after school etc. I'm guessing you have the biology exam tomorrow? (unit 1).
Reply 7
Original post by Bulletzone
meh, I'm having too re-do one of my art sketchbooks as I lost it so I can get a B or more in Art.
I've got until the 28th of May, but keep in mind I have 6 exams in-between now and then.

You can still get an A* and don't let anyone say you can't.
Life becomes hard if you take the easy way out. Make a few sacrifices and you shall do well.
Good luck
BULLETZONE

Wow good luck, thanks!
Original post by nega166
Learn the whole Edexcel Triple Physics IGCSE syllabus before the paper 1 on the 25th

Memorise around 2000 words + literary analyses for 4 texts in Latin (English translation) for 2 exams on the 20th - 23rd

Read English lit set text (a view from the bridge) and practice enough and unseen poetry (to an A* level)

Revise AQA RS B Unit 3 syllabus to an A* standard

Learn evrything needed for CIE Geog Paper 4 to a 100% (or close) standard as I flopped the other 2 papers.

Keep in mind I have an exam or more every day this and next week except for Fridays and tomorrow.

Do you think this is possible if I go absolutely HAM? I want an A* in everything.

Tbh, with that amount of work you need to do in this space of time, it's very highly unlikely that you'll get A*s in a lot of them, unless you have a god-like memory. Good luck anyway for your exams! :redface:
Reply 9
Original post by JoeMcG
Don't get me wrong, it's a possibility that you can but all A*'s is pushing it slightly. You can still get good grades (A's etc) if you dedicate all 'spare time' that you have such as staying in at break and lunch, getting to school early if possible, staying after school etc. I'm guessing you have the biology exam tomorrow? (unit 1).

I'm on study leave, I'm not sure if I should stay at home to work if it'll be better or not. And nah I don't take Biology I do triple for the other 2 sciences, but I have Latin/IT on wednesday
Reply 10
Original post by dRaGoN2509
Tbh, with that amount of work you need to do in this space of time, it's very highly unlikely that you'll get A*s in a lot of them. Good luck anyway for your exams! :redface:

Perhaps I should provide some context:

Physics - i've skimmed whole syllabus before but it was like 3 months ago
RS - A* in mock with no revision (just want to consolidate)
English - just need to read set text and maybe draft a few essays
Geography - reading textbook and maybe doing around 5 papers
Latin Literature is the killer: need to memorise like 264 lines (around 2500 words in total) in English of a latin text, plus literary analysis, I've learnt around 30 so far.
Also have Maths and Chemistry and IT soon but I'm fine for all of those.
Reply 11
These are GCSE's aren't they? What's the issue, they're absolutely piss. Of course you can get an A* in them. :lol: It's precisely what I did, except with more subjects.
Reply 12
Original post by Zacken
These are GCSE's aren't they? What's the issue, they're absolutely piss. Of course you can get an A* in them. :lol: It's precisely what I did, except with more subjects.

IGCSEs but your motivation should transfer across. Thanks!
Reply 13
Original post by nega166
IGCSEs but your motivation should transfer across. Thanks!

I did CIE IGCSE's for all my subjects.
Reply 14
Original post by Zacken
I did CIE IGCSE's for all my subjects.

You revisedvery last minute for all of them and gotall A*s. That's commendable tbh well done lol
Reply 15
Original post by nega166
You revisedvery last minute for all of them and gotall A*s. That's commendable tbh well done lol

Yeah, I did. And no it's not at all. They're just IGCSE's. Nothing commendable about it.
Reply 16
Original post by Zacken
Yeah, I did. And no it's not at all. They're just IGCSE's. Nothing commendable about it.

Fair enough lol
Reply 17
Looooooool this is exactly my situation rn
Reply 18
Yes, for Latin flashcards will be the best ..... you've got a whole week to prepare
Reply 19
Original post by Sfhkh
Yes, for Latin flashcards will be the best ..... you've got a whole week to prepare

This is an old post, I've finished Geography and Latin now lol

Quick Reply