Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dmy15
lol i didn't know how to spell 'geese'

Wasnt it gosling because they were babies
Reply 401
Original post by hashman
Wasnt it gosling because they were babies

thats true lol idk it would be very mean if they marked me down for that.
Original post by Emma9991
Oh yeah I know that really annoyed me! I thought there would only be 1! I spoke to the others in my class and they hated the working memory one, I wrote about the working memory model but I don't think that's right😬The question was too vague! Although if we all found them quite hard then hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower right? What do you think about the self report question? I don't remeber being taught that?

Self report techniques are interviews and questionnaires so I just spoke about those. I never got an actual definition of it so I kind of made it up.

The working memory essay was hard and the questions were worded so weird. Completely different from the specimin papers. And so many essays.

I think overall I got about 80% so that's a B approximately which i'm happy with.

Any predictions for paper 2?!
Original post by Emma9991
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd see what people thought of today's AQA As psychology exam? I thought the 12markers were worded a bit funny...anyone else?

Help work on the unofficial mark scheme here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rrt2HqUeC1J-vqARIaUC4wdiucHdvnWouza-4uY3FUc/edit#heading=h.gfn9nqlkeb1b

I wish someone could post an unofficial mark scheme for the OCR board!!
In the mark scheme it says the answer to the cognitive interview was
Time consuming
Requires training

But in my text book it says it doesn't work on children??
For the question:
Abi was brought up by two parents and secure and healthy upbringing.She now has two kids. Her own children are able to form trustworthy friendships and are confident.Explain referencing Abi and her family what psychologists have found about the internal working model. (6 Marks)
I said:
Bowlby suggest that infants form a mental representation known as the internal working model. There are consequences with the internal working model such as 1) Short term- infants have an insight into the caregivers behaviour and 2) long term- it acts as template for all future.
In context, Abi was raised having a happy, secure upbringing which lead to her passing on these behaviours to form the same attachment to her children as the internal working model acts as a template for all futures. (Didn't mention anything about the short term) but I think I might have got around 3 marks?
Original post by Rigby16
I'm slightly confused as to what that question wanted as it just said outline was psychological research has found therefore putting the study's details may not have gained marks?
I just put about coding acoustically (Included baddeley in this) Short duration 7+-2 and 18 - 30 seconds.

Im sure that's worth 3/4

What question was this one?
Original post by dmy15
thats true lol idk it would be very mean if they marked me down for that.

they wouldnt mark u down for it
Original post by Amberhackett
Self report techniques are interviews and questionnaires so I just spoke about those. I never got an actual definition of it so I kind of made it up.

The working memory essay was hard and the questions were worded so weird. Completely different from the specimin papers. And so many essays.

I think overall I got about 80% so that's a B approximately which i'm happy with.

Any predictions for paper 2?!

If you got 80% you almost certainly got an A, but remember it's extremely hard to predict what mark you got for an exam like psychology.
Original post by rajneetk
What did everyone put for types of LTM? did you refer to the case study?

Procedural, semantic and episodic memories.
You didn't need case study as it was a context questions so you needed to use to examples in the context to match correctly with the different LTMs you was discussing about! :smile:
Original post by amysed
real talk what evaluation points did you put for the strange situation twelve marker because my brain went completely dead at that point

One I did was Main and Solomon who put forward a 4th attachment type- insecure- disorganised (Type D). This was when infants had a secure attachment followed by avoidant behaviour which suggest that Ainsworth conclusion was too vague and simplistic! :smile:

Forgot the others I put down.
Not sure how I feel...

Social Influence I did pretty well I knew my stuff about Asch, Memory I did okayish but god damn it that 12 marker was so annoying but got a few WMM studies plugged in there to support e.g. KF. Kind of rushed the 12 marker on Ainsworth and the strange situation, but I still managed to support with some evaluation e.g. cross cultural studies not supporting and Ainsworths study generalised to US infants.

Roll on Unit 2 ugh. Research Methods, yikes.
I think I got around 50 marks give or take what grade would this be
Does anyone know how much this counts for the final grade? is it 50% for unit 1 and 50% unit 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wrote about social change for the one about minority , I said consistency , drawing attention and snowball effect. Will I loose marks in the Marcus bit in part two even if I have backed up examples in the second one?
Would HM or Clive wearing not be one yet I suppose that was more for LTM?
The self-report question was just a shambles for me, but apparently it's stuff like questionnaires which kinda makes sense but doesn't because the individual could do it themselves but I went in sooo confident 😭
Reply 417
Original post by Abirella
Does anyone know how much this counts for the final grade? is it 50% for unit 1 and 50% unit 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah the exams have equal weighting
I actually like the memory question and disliked the strange situation 12 marker, think I'm the only one 😂
Original post by vezuxiii
I think I got around 50 marks give or take what grade would this be

Probably a B, possibly an A

Quick Reply

Latest