The Student Room Group

Do you plan to live in the UK for the rest of your life?

^ Personally, I would want to shift somewhere else for various reasons. But many countries that seem good to live in come with many problems such as language barriers and different society rules...

Which country would you like to live in for a long period of time? What problems do you know that you will face and how do you plan to address them? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Definitely planning on staying in england
I like England it is full of opportunities however, I cannot see myself spending the rest of my life here.:fisheye:
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Definitely planning on staying in england

Me too, in fact even in my home town.
100% moving to China for my masters degree.
I'm hoping to move to the mainland (Europe) after I finish my degree.

If that fails then I will hopefully stay in the city I study in.

Under no circumstances will I move back home or even live near where I grew up.
Reply 6
No.
No, I'm hoping to go somewhere more remote, like Iceland :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
No, I'm hoping to go somewhere more remote, like Iceland :smile:

That's my plan too :lol:
Iceland seems cool (pun not intended), they have some really nice nature and they seem super friendly there
Reply 10
I like England. I am considering the Caribbean though. It will be feasible post-doctorate only because the earnings that the qualification and post-qualifying employment commands will cover the health care bill pitfall.
Original post by Zargabaath
Iceland seems cool (pun not intended), they have some really nice nature and they seem super friendly there

Let's go together! The scenery looks amazing, I'd love to work and/or live there :h:
Yes I'd like to stay, as long as Im financially secure with a job otherwise I'll probably break down
Reply 13
England is great!
I will holiday a lot but I will always live in England!
Yes but I want to move to the north, I'm in love with the manchester accent 😂
Reply 15
Original post by Zargabaath

I love Iceland! But I wouldn't want to live there for the rest of my life...
Original post by Leviathan1741
Let's go together! The scenery looks amazing, I'd love to work and/or live there :h:

I totally would :tongue:
I love the geography, even if it is cold af.
Working there seems really doable for me too, apparently the software engineering sector is getting quite popular over there :biggrin:
I wanted to move to America but that's really hard so i'll probably stay in England
Reply 18
Original post by harinimnida
100% moving to China for my masters degree.

Hey! Whereabouts in China? I've been to Beijing and literally had to walk around wearing a mask. They don't lie about their pollution...
Reply 19
Original post by Jackieox
I wanted to move to America but that's really hard so i'll probably stay in England

Hmm? Why is it hard? I always thought it would be the natural option for many British people to live in after England...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending