The Student Room Group

i failed my gcse but would like to do a levels. what do i do?

im 18 years old and i failed all my gcse. i did health and social care level 2 and retake functional skill level 1 for both English and maths. unfortunately i had to move houses by the end of the year and also move schools .i had a pass in health and social care and a pass in English and maths. i enrolled my self for level 3 in another college and was refused because i didn't have level 2 functional skill English and maths.i tried retaking functional skills in other colleges as a course but was refused since i was younger than 19.i tried to do apprenticeships but didn't find any jobs that will take me.i wasted a whole and im willing to pay.can someone please help me out here.
Original post by sa321
im 18 years old and i failed all my gcse. i did health and social care level 2 and retake functional skill level 1 for both English and maths. unfortunately i had to move houses by the end of the year and also move schools .i had a pass in health and social care and a pass in English and maths. i enrolled my self for level 3 in another college and was refused because i didn't have level 2 functional skill English and maths.i tried retaking functional skills in other colleges as a course but was refused since i was younger than 19.i tried to do apprenticeships but didn't find any jobs that will take me.i wasted a whole and im willing to pay.can someone please help me out here.

Why cant you just retake English and Maths GCSE at college? A levels are a big step up so you need to master GCSE first. Just talk to your local college and they should offer you alternatives. Maybe tlak to the college careers service wherever you are or ring national careers and get an idea of what you have to do.

Quick Reply

Latest