The Student Room Group

Do you plan to live in the UK for the rest of your life?

Scroll to see replies

But that isn't the UK! :rofl:
Probs
Reply 82
I love Dubai because I am actually obsessed with camels more than their luxurious life. :smile:
I'd consider Dubai for a short while, and long term perhaps Canada or New Zealand (no language barrier and seem like nice places). But most likely I'll stay in the UK tbh.
There is a 90% chance I'll move away from England when I have the chance, I've lived here my whole life, seen all the sights, lived up and down the country, sure there are some nice places and perks like free healthcare and the likes, but I need to move on. I've always dreamt of living somewhere like Japan, but I can only see that as a short term option, my potentially more permanent option is the USA, either somewhere really buzzing with big cities (New York, San Fransisco, California) or the quiet and picturesque places like Alaska. :yep:
Come Holland it's mad ting
Yep. Been all over the world but there's just no place like the UK. Love it. The US is fun though, just a bit too intense for me. Odd culture there.
I can't wait to move. I don't want to be a hater but Uk is not my place to live at all. This chill life style is too boring for me lol.
After uni I would like to move in US,California but if I can't I'll just go back in my country, Romania, it is a cool country XD
veilig fam
I would probably stay in the UK for a long time as it is perfect for me. I wouldn't mind a few holiday homes in Canada/some Scandinavian country with the possibility of moving there for retirement. No solid plans for that though, I will likely spend my life here.
Honestly, I'm really not sure what I want. And what I can and am able to do may revolve around my family and their health particularly my mum's. At the moment I don't think I'd even be able to leave the area of England I live in.

I do sometimes find myself thinking it would be nice to work in a vineyard in Italy for a short time or housekeeping in France. Just to immerse in the countries really, not as a permanent move or career. Just to experience the culture, food and language.
Idk why but I really fancy going to Canada. It's so big, wealthy , multicultural and there's lots of wildlife.
Reply 92
Hopefully. But if things in this country go really down hill then I'll probably move to Canada.
Reply 93
No, I have no desire to stay in the EU, especially with this large wave of far left radical extremist politics sweeping the EU, they control most of the EU governence
Reply 94
Original post by TheBBQ
Hopefully. But if things in this country go really down hill then I'll probably move to Canada.

It's going in the same direction
Original post by Omen96
No, I have no desire to stay in the EU, especially with this large wave of far left radical extremist politics sweeping the EU, they control most of the EU governence

Needs to be a return to moderate liberalism I think, the issue is the battle is fought between pro business and pro labor without any middle ground, this is what government should be, promoting the best deal for both parties, instead we have the left concentrating on ridiculous agendas like made up racism and the right focusing on repealing social security which is desperately needed by many. Both are guilty of cuts to armed forces at an extremely dangerous time in history.
Reply 96
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Needs to be a return to moderate liberalism I think, the issue is the battle is fought between pro business and pro labor without any middle ground, this is what government should be, promoting the best deal for both parties, instead we have the left concentrating on ridiculous agendas like made up racism and the right focusing on repealing social security which is desperately needed by many. Both are guilty of cuts to armed forces at an extremely dangerous time in history.

The EU is fuelling extremism whether it be radical left and Islamic extremism from the left or radical right wing extremism. The EU needs to crumble if we want stability. There is so much dissatisfaction with the system that anger is growing by the day
I was about to say! I fancy myself moving to Sweden personally. :colondollar:
I don't ever see myself moving from my town let alone Scotland but I would love to live in Reykjavik :h:
I am actually planning to move to California after my degree. Not exactly sure if that Is going to happen though, it's quite difficult.

In fact, I will be living there for a year to work between my degree, so I would know if I definitely want to move there permanently or not.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending