The Student Room Group

AQA PSYA1 (Resit students- old spec)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by oliviasinclair
thought it went good! the 12 marker i was so happy with as i knew the studies and evaluations for it inside out!! was a big fan of the cognitive interview questions also!!!

Yeah, I actually thought memory was ok (apart from that evaluate the cognitive interview question) and I though all of attachment was good, thought we were all victimized by the research methods though!
Reply 21
Yeh I really didn't know the question about the cognitive interview, does any one have the right answer ?
What did everyone put for the realiability question?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mrf1998
Yeh I really didn't know the question about the cognitive interview, does any one have the right answer ?

I just wrote about holiday's 2003 study and the study done in Florida on the dectitves to show the effectiveness of the cognitive interview on both adults and children
Reply 24
Memory section A 1.) Multiple choice question about memory components of MSM and WMM (2 marks)2.) One strength of multi store model + one strength of WMM (2+2 marks)3.) Something like outline a study that researched encoding in the STM. (4 marks)4.) What is a cognitive interview? (2 marks)5.) Evaluate the cognitive interview using supporting research. (4 marks)6.) Outline and evaluate research into misleading info and EWT. (8 marks) = total 24

Research methods 7.) What is the aim of this study, it talked about 8 planets. (2 marks)8.) What is meant by qualitative data, give an example from the planet study (2 marks)9.) What is meant by quantative data, give an example from the planet study (2 marks)10.)What is meant by reliability? Explain how the researcher can make sure the results in table one are reliable. (4 marks)11.)Something along the lines what are investigator effects? How may the investigator show that in this study? (4 marks)12.)What is a possible EV in this experiment? (2 marks) 13.)Why may an interview be better than a questionnaire? (4 marks)14.)Ethical issues of using children in psychological research. (4 marks) = total 24
Attachment 1.) Question about the learning theory, linking to a scenario about children in a poor quality orphanage that were rarely picked up even to be fed. (4 marks)2.) Multiple choice question on attachment behaviors of an insecure resistant child (2marks)3.) Question about day care and aggression (4 marks)4.) Something about a weakness of using the strange situation? (2 marks)5.) Outline and evaluate research into institutional care (12 marks) = total 24
Hope this helps guys questions aren't 100% perfect but along the lines :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 25
Out of all the past papers I've done this was one of the hardest, especially that 12 marker I really didn't know what I needed to include! Hoping unit 2 will be better...
Original post by Mrf1998

Fisher et al trained 16 already experienced detectives in the US with the cognitive interview technique and found that there was a 63% increase in the amount of information recalled
Original post by oliviasinclair
Fisher et al trained 16 already experienced detectives in the US with the cognitive interview technique and found that there was a 63% increase in the amount of information recalled

what about question when it asked 'what is a cognitive interview' i just put its an enhanced version of the standard interview designed to elicit more infor than normal

it was only 2 marks so i didnt include research
Original post by Lucytal
Out of all the past papers I've done this was one of the hardest, especially that 12 marker I really didn't know what I needed to include! Hoping unit 2 will be better...

agreed it was harder than any past paper i've done and i was shocked to see them ask for a specific study on STM encoding as theyve never done that before
Original post by NHM
Yeah pp variables do- I really think the exam took a whole different style to previous papers! Hopefully grade boundaries will be low though :-)

i wrote that age could be an extraneous variable i think thats okay?
Original post by jademckeown97
I just wrote about holiday's 2003 study and the study done in Florida on the dectitves to show the effectiveness of the cognitive interview on both adults and children

i wrote about fisher et al and geiselman et al
Original post by jademckeown97
What did everyone put for the realiability question?

i defined what it was then wrote about using another researchers results and seeing if they were similar? lol
Reply 32
What is institutional care?
Reply 33
Original post by hardyweinberg
i wrote that age could be an extraneous variable i think thats okay?

Yeah anything could be OK really, age, sex, IQ, the fact that someone in group one may have done a similar task before, people may already know the planets in order etc.
Reply 34
i defined what it was then wrote about using another researchers results and seeing if they were similar? lol

I put consistency of results over time. The researcher could repeat the experiment (test retest- but you aren't expected to know the name at AS level) to see if it produced similar results with different pps etc. It was pretty brief but the definition gets you one mark and then the explaination should at least get me 2 even though it wasn't the best...
Reply 35
Original post by Mrf1998

There's a study called giesleman or something like that? I think it expected you to talk about that and evaluate what they found? I only did a rudimentary explaination but should get me a few marks.
Reply 36
agreed it was harder than any past paper i've done and i was shocked to see them ask for a specific study on STM encoding as theyve never done that before

Looking at June 2013 paper, the grade boundaries were low for that, and this paper was much harder! So hopefully the boundaries will be lower than that year.
what about question when it asked 'what is a cognitive interview' i just put its an enhanced version of the standard interview designed to elicit more infor than normal

ah! i said the four stages of it i.e. recall everything, mental reinstatement, different perspective etc
Reply 38

I put something like "an interview method used to enhance memory recall, there are four key features context restatement, recall in reverse order, recall everything and recall from a changed perspective" - looking at the actual definition I wasn't far off, that should get me the full marks...
Original post by NHM
I put something like "an interview method used to enhance memory recall, there are four key features context restatement, recall in reverse order, recall everything and recall from a changed perspective" - looking at the actual definition I wasn't far off, that should get me the full marks...

yeah i put something along those lines too!! so hopefully

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending