The Student Room Group

Chemistry unit 6 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by Ayman!
No, it's alright to discuss IAL straight away because most people sit the exams at the same time. TSR closes down the threads for the ones that aren't fine to discuss.

Anyway, what were all of your errors for the last experiment?

-pt wire should be salt bridge
-Vanadium electrode cannot be used
-H should be in 2mol concentration
Original post by Ayman!
No, it's alright to discuss IAL straight away because most people sit the exams at the same time. TSR closes down the threads for the ones that aren't fine to discuss.

Anyway, what were all of your errors for the last experiment?

Vanadium electrode and the wrong salt bridge. Also not sure about this but i wrote that V3+ ions should not be added as they will produced after reduction
This paper was supposed to be the easier one of the trio! :tongue:
I dread to think what else Edexcel has in store for us. Will find out only in June

And to think we were relying on this paper to rescue our overall grade xD
Original post by RizK
oh my god
i forgot that step
i screwed up the next one too

It's not like I got the same answer with that step...but close..:s-smilie:
The concentration of the Aluminium solution should've been 0.5 moldm3 because the thing dissolved in he solution had Al2
Original post by RizK

I wrote about the Pt wire & salt bridge.
-the Al and V half cells were the other way around...cause I remember our teacher saying that the more reactive one should be on the left? Idk
- and wrote about excluding H+

Unfortunately, I think only the salt bridge part is right.

May the grade boundaries be in our favour!
Original post by rheabehrends
The concentration of the Aluminium solution should've been 0.5 moldm3 because the thing dissolved in he solution had Al2

But for it to be standard shouldn't it be 1.00 mol dm-3 ?
What do you guys reckon the grade boundaries will look like? :frown:
Reply 228
Original post by xbuttermelon
I wrote about the Pt wire & salt bridge.
-the Al and V half cells were the other way around...cause I remember our teacher saying that the more reactive one should be on the left? Idk
- and wrote about excluding H+

Unfortunately, I think only the salt bridge part is right.

May the grade boundaries be in our favour!

Question was about the setup, not the diagram :tongue: so its alright even if it was the wrong way..

Yes, may the grades be ever in our favour
Original post by RizK

Original post by good_a_level_guy
Vanadium electrode and the wrong salt bridge. Also not sure about this but i wrote that V3+ ions should not be added as they will produced after reduction

I wrote the first two points of both of your answers, unsure about my last one.

I- and wrote about excluding H+

This was my last point, haha - not sure how valid it is, but I feel like it's wrong. :redface:

Original post by TheMadHatteress

No clue - I really, really hope it's something like the January paper's boundaries (or lower!). Do any of you feel like this was harder than that one?
Original post by TheMadHatteress

This one was even harder than Jan 16 so logically grade boundaries should be similar or a bit lower but you never really know :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
But for it to be standard shouldn't it be 1.00 mol dm-3 ?

Yes, you needed the Al^3+ to be 1 moldm-3, so when something with Al2(blahblah) dissolves, then you get twice as much... its just mole ratios
Original post by rheabehrends
Yes, you needed the Al^3+ to be 1 moldm-3, so when something with Al2(blahblah) dissolves, then you get twice as much... its just mole ratios

I see.. I wonder just how much did I mess up :colonhash:
i actually BARELY mangaed to finish in time, the thing was so damn long for me for some reason
i didn't even get to finish the last part of the last question, i wrote plat wire used and filter ppr soaked in conc potassium nitrate should be used, and vanadium electrode used for mistake, and plat electrode used for correction, i couldnt think of the last mistake in time IM SAD
Original post by Angelina johnson
What was the Kc value ?

KC vaule for me in 3 sig fig was 0.351, same with my friend
What were the burette and pipetter answers? Does the volume change?
And was zinc Zn(OH)6 or Zn(OH)4???
Reply 236
Sm1 plz tell me that the grade boundary for a* will b below 30 this time?? Plz share yr expected grade boundaries!! I m too scared 😭
Original post by Kash97
Sm1 plz tell me that the grade boundary for a* will b below 30 this time?? Plz share yr expected grade boundaries!! I m too scared 😭

LOL all we have to is hope for the best
Reply 238
What happens to the burette and pipette reading when the upper miniscus is read???
And what was that organic product you got when the student skipped all the steps????
I'm having a stroke rn
Reply 239
Original post by sonam_28
What were the burette and pipetter answers? Does the volume change?
And was zinc Zn(OH)6 or Zn(OH)4???

I said Zn(OH)4

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending