The Student Room Group

Islam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FredOrJohn
I am in favour if Israel existing. Are you in favour of the Kurds in Iran having their own state?

From Wiki concrerning Iran (The centre of the shia religion)
"
In the spring of 1980, government forces under the command of President Abolhassan Banisadr took back most of the Kurdish cities through a huge military campaign, sending in mechanized military divisions to Kurdish cities including Mahabad, Sanandaj, Pawe, and Marivan.[37] Entire villages and towns were destroyed to force Kurds into submission.[35]. Ayatollah Khalkhali sentenced thousands of men to execution after summary trials. The Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps fought to reestablish government control in the Kurdish regions[. More than 10,000 Kurds were killed during this process.[38]
"

I think it is pretty sickening that there is a huge industry (backed by Saudi money no doubt)
it attacking everything and anything israel does, posting it all over the internet (including here)
and pretty much nothing is ever said against peoples original countries. In europe this is the total
reverse of how people behave. We attack our own country first and then others.
How many posts have you posted on the evils of Iran? I bet none on TSR. So how dare you attack Israel
for the similiar sins when you do not own up to Shia sins?

Do 2 wrongs make 1 right? its pretty hilarious u are pointing fingers at others rather than adressing your problems
Original post by h333
There are people who have the wrong intentions (that want bad for others) and people who have the right (want good for others) in every country on the this planet where there are humans.......

True.

But what people don't understand and don't want to understand much less admit, is that in Islam this is driven by ideology.

While there might be murderers or thugs in say the UK, that is on them. Whereas in Islam this form of discrimination is inbuilt in the ideology. It was also in the Christian ideology, however in general we have moved on from that.

Yes it may be a minority that actually blow themselves up. But it is far from a minority that holds discriminatory views, and these views are based on what is written in an old book. That is the problem.
Reply 282
Original post by inhuman
True.

But what people don't understand and don't want to understand much less admit, is that in Islam this is driven by ideology.

While there might be murderers or thugs in say the UK, that is on them. Whereas in Islam this form of discrimination is inbuilt in the ideology. It was also in the Christian ideology, however in general we have moved on from that.

Yes it may be a minority that actually blow themselves up. But it is far from a minority that holds discriminatory views, and these views are based on what is written in an old book. That is the problem.

Thanks for sharing. For me it is not just an old book but that the messages etc are from God/Allah. I believe if it is just an ideology that is wrong in any way and not fit for this world etc then with time it will fade away or be forgotten. Also that the prophecy will be not be completed and it will be unsuccessful. Otherwise, it will remain and the messages will not be faded away as promised by God/Allah. But only time will tell.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
It condones the punishment of gay people
It believes in the murder of apostates
It says somewhere in the Quran that if a wife denies a husband sex she can be cursed
Rape in marriage is ok apparently
Girls get less portions than boys
Girls are advised to cover up because apparently the man can't control himself.
And the day Kim K becomes a nun will be the day Islam becomes compatible with Western culture

I could go on.

*gets popcorn

bible says similiar things..
Original post by h333
Thanks for sharing. For me it is not just an old book but that the messages etc are from God/Allah. I believe if it is just an ideology that is wrong in any way and not fit for this world etc then with time it will fade away or be forgotten. Also that the prophecy will be not be completed and it will be unsuccessful. Otherwise, it will remain and the messages will not be faded away as promised by God/Allah. But only time will tell.

Sorry, but what kind of lazy argument is that? Time will tell?

No, it won't. You will die and that's it. I will die and that's it. We both will never know if your "prophecies" come or come not true. In a 1000 years someone just like you can again say "time will tell".

It means nothing.
Original post by Saad69
Do 2 wrongs make 1 right? its pretty hilarious u are pointing fingers at others rather than adressing your problems

OK, just checking we're on the same page. A zionist is a person who believes that Israel has pretty much the right to exist, as far as any other nation. Thus, I guess as a Zionist I believe in the freedom of Scotland to be independent if they so wish, or that the Kurds can have a state of their own, or that Kashmire has the right to join Pakistan or be independent if it so wished. I think Alaska or Texas also should be allowed to be countries if they so wish.

I also believe Palestine should be a state if it so wished. Ideally, I'd wish that Israel and Palestine merge as one multicultural state where the Palestinians have equal shares of all tax revenues (VAT income tax) from the entire nation. It should probably work as the population size of Israel and Palastine is more or less the same - but if not, it could be made to work via some federal setup where the federal power (like the EU) could not over rule the state powers.

I believe the main problem over the past 25 years has probably been a global hatred of Israel, probably stirred up by clerics using Saudi money.
Put it this way, how would you like to live in a small nation where all the nations that surround you have a religious hatred of you and probably wish you harm? I'd say you would be pretty paranoid. Remember your average Israeli is poorer than an average Briton (using GDP per capita figures) so its not like they can buy their way out. If America ever began to hate them, they would be toast. Quite scary really.

I wish them well, as I do the Kurds and Palastinians and Texans
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 286
Original post by inhuman
Sorry, but what kind of lazy argument is that? Time will tell?

No, it won't. You will die and that's it. I will die and that's it. We both will never know if your "prophecies" come or come not true. In a 1000 years someone just like you can again say "time will tell".

It means nothing.

It was not supposed to be an argument. But just a thought from me. Hope you understand. :smile:
Original post by h333
It was not supposed to be an argument. But just a thought from me. Hope you understand. :smile:

What a lazy thought then...
Reply 288
Original post by inhuman
What a lazy thought then...

I am confused is this supposed to offend me? And I do not even know what a lazy thought is supposed to be lol. But ok if it is then be.
Check out this islamic song/ nasheed

https://youtu.be/k8SbQOp2d3o
Posted from TSR Mobile
Its cuz they dont relish the struggle init. Total sacrifice for the creator ygm.
Original post by Malayali Ali
Its cuz they dont relish the struggle init. Total sacrifice for the creator ygm.

Or, more likely, they don't believe in a creator in the first place and therefore see no point in struggling/sacrificing for something that doesn't exist.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
It condones the punishment of gay people
It believes in the murder of apostates
It says somewhere in the Quran that if a wife denies a husband sex she can be cursed
Rape in marriage is ok apparently
Girls get less portions than boys
Girls are advised to cover up because apparently the man can't control himself.
And the day Kim K becomes a nun will be the day Islam becomes compatible with Western culture

I could go on.

*gets popcorn

I'm sorry but everything you mentioned is completely false. With respect, your understanding of islam is very limited to what the media(islamophobes) have to say judging from your statements.
If your information is coming from the web then let me just tell you that the first 2-3 pages on islam when you google facts about islam are not from islamic websites, in fact they're made to contain some truth but then add things or misinterpret quotes from the qur'an completely, Introducing their own words into it, completely deviating the original message. I don't mind if they use different translations of the Qur'an, however that's not what they're doing, instead their embedding different words changing the meaning entirely. Believe me i've checked.

Let me clarify your points,

Islam is not against gay people instead it's against the act of Homosexuality/Sodomy which most mainstream religions are against too. It is considered a grave sin, However muslims have NO RIGHT I REPEAT NO RIGHT to kill, prevent or judge gay people as only God has that authority. Muslims are only suppose to guide them-that's it. If a muslim oppresses someone who's gay or offends them, then the muslims shall be punished and be looked upon LOWER then them on the day of judgement. The lesson is given in the Qur'an if you read the passage of Lut(AS) also known as Lot in the bible.

On the point of murdering of apostates no where in the Qur'an does it mention to murder apostates. In fact as muslims were not even allowed to murder anything needlessly yet alone kill a human being. Anyone is allowed to leave islam, if people don't want truth and peace in their life it's up to them, but people who kill those who leave the fold of islam shall never be considered righteous and are committing a great sin. My friend, you must first understand the context of the quotes you take from the Qur'an. Most of the passages mentioning killing non-muslims are from defensive battles and wars. Times in which the muslims were oppressed and murdered for fun, muslims leaving their homes in exile from wretched people at the time who committed all grave sins -sodomy/torture/gambling/fornication/burning people/idolatry/ext ext ext. But even in war muslims were prohibited to commit certain action. Please watch the clip.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2MBgK79eLw)

Women are not looked upon lower than men in fact they have a higher statues in islam. The prophet said love your mother love your mother love your mother then love your father. So a mother is closer to the heart of her child. Islam is also the only religion in the world which states marry only 1 wife,"marry them by the two's the three's the fours, but if you cannot do justice between them, marry only one". Watch this video...

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy-WRz9S0hw)

Girls are only suppose to cover up for modesty. it is not compulsory but very beneficial if they do so. Listen to what these islamic scholars have to say....

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSE8HrFu7Dc)
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsrHfefQMec)

WISH YOU ALL THE PEACE IN LIFE SISTER.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending