The Student Room Group

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by littz
That's pretty unfortunate :frown: But I knew it all which is why I'm beating myself up about it, I knew I should've explained the Episodic Buffer but as I was about to I ran out of time 🙄

I thought it was on the WMM, but the wording stumped me so I went and did the attachment section, came back to the 12 marker with 30 minutes left, and thought if it was on the WMM they would have put "discuss the WMM"
What's done is done and there's nothing I can do now though, I've been through the unofficial mark scheme many times and think I got about 52-56 so here's hoping I'm right and the grade boundaries are low haha
Hated the working memory model one because it was research into!!!
Anyone have the link to the official mark scheme please? X
To the people who helped in the making of the unofficial markscheme :adore:
I feel a lot better now:banana:
Predictions for 12 markers for paper 2 ??!!
Original post by JessThomas6
I thought it was on the WMM, but the wording stumped me so I went and did the attachment section, came back to the 12 marker with 30 minutes left, and thought if it was on the WMM they would have put "discuss the WMM"
What's done is done and there's nothing I can do now though, I've been through the unofficial mark scheme many times and think I got about 52-56 so here's hoping I'm right and the grade boundaries are low haha

Where do you get the unofficial mark scheme would you mind putting the link down :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 466
I didn't realise discuss meant outline and evaluate!😫
Original post by :)_

Its 12 marks so they wouldnt expect you to only outline for 12 marks. 6 marks outline 6 marks evaluate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So for the strange situation is it still 6 aol 6 ao3 so 6 for procedure and findings and 6 for 2 developed evaluation points?
Original post by Rigby16
So for the strange situation is it still 6 aol 6 ao3 so 6 for procedure and findings and 6 for 2 developed evaluation points?

Either 2 really well elaborated evaluation points or 3 less well elaborated ones.
Reply 470
We have been taught the "discuss" means the same as outline and evaluate so 6 marks for outline and 6 for evaluate but I don't know due to how the question was worded
Original post by sadiex
We have been taught the "discuss" means the same as outline and evaluate so 6 marks for outline and 6 for evaluate but I don't know due to how the question was worded

Discuss means outline and evaluate. The extra stuff was there to guide you.

For example the SS one was about how it is used to asses attachment types (criteria for attachment types, observation etc.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 472
Original post by JessThomas6
Discuss means outline and evaluate. The extra stuff was there to guide you.

For example the SS one was about how it is used to asses attachment types (criteria for attachment types, observation etc.)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah thought so, thanks
Original post by Ihonestlydk
Yes you will get marks because you stated the three types of LTMs and explained them.

If you explained all three LTMs in full detail then you will get the marks.

I believe it was 6 marks? Hopefully around 3 marks.

Yeah I explained them in detail.
Hopefully I get some marks for that :smile:
Original post by :)_

Me neither! I literally just evaluated:frown:
I ran out of time to fully complete the 12mark strange situation essay :s-smilie:
what do you guys think the grade boundaries will be ? a lot of people said that the test was easy...im guessing that means high grade boundaries.. :frown:
Original post by Synonym
what do you guys think the grade boundaries will be ? a lot of people said that the test was easy...im guessing that means high grade boundaries.. :frown:

Easy¿ is they fine O.o

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Drunq
No credible marks. Strange Situation was Mary Ainsworth.

The cross cultural variations are credible evaluation points as it shows that Strange Situation only applies to US western culture
Original post by AdamBuxton34
Loved the animal study questions jumped out my chair

I know that I at least got 4 marks out of 72 purely from writing "Harlow and his monkeys" and "Lorenz and his geese"!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending