The Student Room Group

IAL Chemistry Unit 6 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by MisterRabbit
That makes me happy!!!
For the errors question I put Remove H+, use only one of the vanadium ions and replace with paper with kno3.
A froend wrote use a Pt electrode instead of vanadium which was right apparently (confirmed by teacher)

why would u remove H+ ions?
Original post by Ameera98

Couldnt think of anything else at that moment.
However, other people (A* students) also put that because 'H+ can react with the electrode/ions'....

I also wrote remove H+ ions because I couldn't see the significance of having them..lol
Reply 43
What was the organic product you guys drew the skeletal formula for?!?!
Original post by AvWOW
What was the organic product you guys drew the skeletal formula for?!?!

Skeletal?????
How was the second question ? I took a lot of time to figure out how to do it. What did you guys get for the Kc value ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
can someone please explain why p and q would both have 5 peaks for NMR i thought its FOUR IM CRYING

I DIED LITERALLY DIED
Reply 47
Original post by O$car
can someone please explain why p and q would both have 5 peaks for NMR i thought its FOUR IM CRYING

I DIED LITERALLY DIED

Spoiler

Reply 48
Original post by O$car

I DIED LITERALLY DIED

what are you talking about ??? the benzene structures?? nitrobenzene i mean.. it was asked whether low resolution NMR could differentiate between these compounds i mean would it give different peaks for these 3 compounds.. when did it ask how many peaks would it form lol ?
Reply 49
what are you talking about ??? the benzene structures?? nitrobenzene i mean.. it was asked whether low resolution NMR could differentiate between these compounds i mean would it give different peaks for these 3 compounds.. when did it ask how many peaks would it form lol ?

Yea that question i said number of peaks could differentiate them since they have different numbers of H environments and went on to state the how many there are for each

BUT THE CHEM GENIUSES AT MY SCHOOL SAID P AND Q HAVE SAME NUMBER OF H ENVIRONMENTS my life is over
Those geniuses are ****ed up
What did the structures look like
Reply 51
Tbvh it was like the shittiest paper alive 😤
Original post by O$car
Yea that question i said number of peaks could differentiate them since they have different numbers of H environments and went on to state the how many there are for each

BUT THE CHEM GENIUSES AT MY SCHOOL SAID P AND Q HAVE SAME NUMBER OF H ENVIRONMENTS my life is over

Initially I thought they both have 5 hydrogen environments but then checked back and convinced myself p actually has 4... infact I don't even know why I thought it was 5 initially.. Idk
definitely 10...it was so hard.. What do guys think the grade boundaries are going to be?
Original post by apocolyptic
definitely 10...it was so hard.. What do guys think the grade boundaries are going to be?

Compare this exam to the one in january 2016
Original post by xbuttermelon
I also got an ester sodium salt (sodium benzoate)

what question is that? O_O
Original post by lizysheron
what question is that? O_O

Question 3. It's about that student who decided to skip all the steps except for step 1 or something and obtained crystals of another organic product..we had to draw the structural formula I think..I don't really remember
Question 3. It's about that student who decided to skip all the steps except for step 1 or something and obtained crystals of another organic product..we had to draw the structural formula I think..I don't really remember

oh right, the structural formula for the other compound formed. But wasnt in an acyl chloride since hydrochloric acid was used i think
Reply 58
I also got an ester sodium salt (sodium benzoate)

But didn't it ask for the organic product??? I didn't write sodium benzoate cause it was Sodium in it, which I thought made it inorganic??? oh gosh
Original post by lizysheron
oh right, the structural formula for the other compound formed. But wasnt in an acyl chloride since hydrochloric acid was used i think

I got an ester sodium salt actually
and the way I remember, it was NaOH

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending