The Student Room Group

OCR Psychology AS Monday 16th May

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone want to post an unofficial mark scheme?:tongue: I'm just so stressed out about that exam because i've been doing so well all year and now I think everything's gone down the drain!!
Same here and no there isn't
Yeah like it would be really helpful for someone to create an unofficial mark scheme!!:u:
Original post by claudiamendes
Yeah like it would be really helpful for someone to create an unofficial mark scheme!!:u:

I agree haha
Hi guys does anyone have the paper or a list of all the questions that came up? thanksss
Original post by MeganSaffron
Hey! Is anyone else taking the ORC Psychology AS exams this week? Has anyone got any predictions?

Posted from TSR M

For core studies next monday, does anyone have good revision tools they would like to share?
RESOURCES FOR 23RD OF MAY OCR PSYCHOLOGY CORE SCIENCES EXAM:

DEBATES (FOR AND AGAINST) http://ocrpsychology2015.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/strengths-and-weaknesses-of-debates.html
EXAM QUESTIOnS: http://ocrpsychology2015.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/exam-questions-for-core-studies-paper.html
MEMORY STRATEGIES (How to remember info from the studies): http://ocrpsychology2015.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/memory-strategies.html
INFORMATION ON ALL CORE-STUDIES: http://ocrpsychology2015.blogspot.co.uk/ (Scroll down)
OCR PRACTICE QUESTIONS FOR ALL CORE-STUDIES (Some are for A-level but they're all useful especially for Section C): http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/295312-component-2-psychological-themes-through-core-studies-question-bank.pdf
How does grade boundaries work for both papers? So like say if someone got a D in research methods then a C in core studies, what would that be overall? And what do you guys think on predictions for the grade boundaries /75?
Can anyone tell me a core study to use for each debate? Just struggling to find one for each debate!:frown:
Ok so:
Nature - Baron Cohen, casey, sperry
Nurture - Chaney, Bandura

Freewill - Bandura (they chose to imitate behaviour from models of the same gender) and Milgram (35% did not comply)
Determinism - Bandura, chaney, grant (all because of external influences or something) and Milgram since 65% complied
Individual - Freud (unconscious conflicts) and Milgram since 35% didn't obey
Situational - Milgram - 65% obeyed and Bocchiaro and also Loftus and Palmer (info after an event)
Ethics - Chaney and Bocchiaro (kept ethics) and Bandura and Freud (broke ethics)
Socially Sensitive research - Is sensitive - Bocchiaro, Isn't senitive - Freud
Psychology as a science - Loftus ans Palmer - scientific and freud isn't
Usefulness - you can argue that any of them are useful e.g Loftus and Palmer for legal institutions
Reductionism - Loftus and Palmer (isolated variables) and Casey and Milgram
Holism - Freud

I hope this helped :smile: Good luck for tomorrow!
Can anyone tell me a core study to use for each debate? Just struggling to find one for each debate!:frown:

Just posted them all here :smile:
Original post by schoolgirl1
Ok so:

Freewill - Bandura (they chose to imitate behaviour from models of the same gender) and Milgram (35% did not comply)
Determinism - Bandura, chaney, grant (all because of external influences or something) and Milgram since 65% complied
Situational - Milgram - 65% obeyed and Bocchiaro and also Loftus and Palmer (info after an event)
Ethics - Chaney and Bocchiaro (kept ethics) and Bandura and Freud (broke ethics)
Usefulness - you can argue that any of them are useful e.g Loftus and Palmer for legal institutions
Holism - Freud

Thank you, so much!
Original post by sail999
Thank you, so much!

You're welcome :smile:
Ok so:

Holism - Freud

Thanks.
Thoughts on the exam guys? I thought it went better than the first exam! But i don't know... Context is always an issue:s-smilie:
Thoughts on the exam guys? I thought it went better than the first exam! But i don't know... Context is always an issue:s-smilie:

Loved it
Only question i wasn't too sure of was the issues one in section C. But the questions in section A were also a bit weirdly worded but it was fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually found it harder than the first one but I still think I done okay on it :smile:

Pretty good I think! The 12 marker on ethics was so good but there was a 10 marker on the evaluation in section c which I don't think I wrote enough for but other than that the questions were good! :smile:
For the twelve marker does it have to be 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses or can you do 3 strengths and one weakness or whatever?
Pretty good I think! The 12 marker on ethics was so good but there was a 10 marker on the evaluation in section c which I don't think I wrote enough for but other than that the questions were good! :smile:

What did you write for the ethics question??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending