The Student Room Group

Government to introduce Sharia compliant student loans for Muslims

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Erebor
Like others have said, plenty of moslem terrorists and other ''radicals'' have come from educated and/or wealthy backgrounds (9/11, 7/7, Boston bombings, jihadi ''brides'' runaways etc). Educating moslem won't do much in terms of ''integrating'' them as long as they believe a hyper-violent and hateful book from thousands of years ago is the literal word of an imaginary skylord. Reform needs to come from within, like with most religions. But how can you reform perfection?

Who do you think is more likely to abandon years of indoctrination and ignorance, a school leaver who now works with his dad in the shop or whatever, or a science graduate who has been subjected to 3 years of intense intellectual activity and learning?

As I said before, it won't stop terrorists, true, but it will help more people become educated (obviously) and enlightened enough to abandon their prejudices and indoctrinated ignorance and think like the rest of us. That's what I believe anyway.

Do you think if the education level in America had stayed where it was 60-70 years ago, numbers of Christians would have fallen by so much?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by chemting
halal League of Legends?
female champions need to be appropriately dressed
battles need to be fought according to proper shariah
Matchmaking needs to be halal and gender segregated. or women can only be matched on mahram men
Instead of experience points, it would be spiritual points compulsory 10 minute prayer break

OMG, I'm reading it at work, and it was super hilarious, now people think I'm crazy, thanks :biggrin:

Do you remember that Iran banned all the female champs, even anivia, but annie was open because she is still a child??
Original post by HanSoloLuck
The government has announced a Halal scheme to encourage more Muslims to attend university, specifically, student loans that don't garner interest.

The good news is everyone can apply, so we can all have Halal loans. While the set up is different the amount paid back is said to be the same, as it will be classed as a charitable donation and the loan itself will be drawn from a community fund (that's the public purse to you and me). Hopefully the scheme will be self sufficient within a few generations after enough loans have been repaid in. I mean after enough charitable donations have been made.

Of course, details are still being finalized, the government is currently working on a way to make the 'charitable donation' legally binding...legally binding charitable donations, that must be paid and is deducted from your salary. Isn't that a fun thought, it's just a 'wizard' idea. Kudos Cameron !

Is this a step in the wrong direction if we want to encourage integration, or is that not a thing anymore ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3593821/Sharia-students-loans-not-conflict-rules-Islam-offered-time-drive-Muslims-university.html

So non-muslims can have this?

Count me in
Reply 63
This sounds good.
Original post by Ciel.
Definitely a step in the wrong direction. If they cannot accept things the way they are for the rest of us, they should just leave and move to a country which incorporates sharia law.

You seem to have forgotten that quite a large of the Muslims present in the UK are UK citizens. They won't just "move", they're part of this country as much as you are.
Original post by Omen96
If Muslims want all this stuff why don't they go to Iran or Pakistan or Syria for example

Coz they're British citizens. If you want all this intolerance you're calling for, why don't you move to Poland where there are no Muslims? Unless you believe that you're more of a British person than any Muslim born in this country just because you believe in a certain god, or don't for that matter, or because you're white.
In any case, this country has Muslim citizens, every government must cater for all its citizens, even prisoners, as long as what they're asking for is fair for them and for everyone else.

Now either come up with an argument showing how unfair this system is, or stop wasting my time and everybody else's with all the rubbish you're saying..
Reply 66
Original post by Josb
They won't be more integrated if the country changes to look like their homeland. They must change.

I refuse to alter my way of life for immigrants and their offspring.

I see your point, and I follow your comments, and I do agree with 90% of what you usually write :smile: It makes sense.

But we should also accept that, even UK is not the same as it was 100 years ago, no country is staying the same. We constantly change, some aspects to good, some to neural, some to bad...

Our skins colour is changing, maybe in next 200 years we will have more Chinese/Asian looking kids, you know why, because it's choice, because white guys and girls will marry them, and it's these kids right to live in the UK and carry name british proudly. We cannot stand up and riot that, UK is changing, it's becoming more Asian, where is blond kids with blue eyes, can we?

We need to be accepting, we need to be open to change, believe me, in comparison how it was before, muslims have changed too, maybe not as fast as other religion...

I think them as people with certain culture (not religion), Religion for me is their culture, unless it's breaking rules of this country I'm not allowed to hate them, or kik them out.

let's assume, I'm against guys walking topless in public (I'm not, I love looking at them, especially nice bodies :colone:), 100 years ago maybe it wasn't norm, now it is, now there is "new british culture",, in 20 years time, there will another "new british culture" and so on...

There is always people complaining how things change, and how was it before, but it doesn't stop the change, nor delays it :smile:

Who accepts change early are benefitted from it the most :smile:

(I really really hope I made some sense)
It's almost as if they want the terrorists to win.
Original post by SaraBZ
You can't CREATE a religion. It belongs to God not you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All religion is man made.
Reply 68
Original post by oShahpo
You seem to have forgotten that quite a large of the Muslims present in the UK are UK citizens. They won't just "move", they're part of this country as much as you are.

They should move if they cannot accept non-sharia law. They are not part of the country if they want sharia law, or parts of it, implemented. Not in my eyes anyway.
Reply 69
Original post by oShahpo
Coz they're British citizens. If you want all this intolerance you're calling for, why don't you move to Poland where there are no Muslims? Unless you believe that you're more of a British person than any Muslim born in this country just because you believe in a certain god, or don't for that matter, or because you're white.
In any case, this country has Muslim citizens, every government must cater for all its citizens, even prisoners, as long as what they're asking for is fair for them and for everyone else.

Now either come up with an argument showing how unfair this system is, or stop wasting my time and everybody else's with all the rubbish you're saying..

You completely missed the point. If Muslims want Islamic laws, why don't they move to countries with Islamic laws like Syria? Is that easier to understand?
Original post by Ciel.
They should move if they cannot accept non-sharia law. They are not part of the country if they want sharia law, or parts of it, implemented. Not in my eyes anyway.

I agree, but this is isn't the "Sharia law" that everyone is talking about. The proposal is fair and makes sense. I don't see any disadvantages to it and it's certainly not harming anyone. Sharia law, while barbaric for the most, includes laws that are sensible like not stealing and forced charity tax on the rich. If something is only positive, why not implement it?
Reply 71
They have to prove they need it for cultural or religious reasons though. Muslims on the other hand just need to say they are Muslim and there you go
Reply 72
Original post by Erebor
Like others have said, plenty of moslem terrorists and other ''radicals'' have come from educated and/or wealthy backgrounds (9/11, 7/7, Boston bombings, jihadi ''brides'' runaways etc). Educating moslem won't do much in terms of ''integrating'' them as long as they believe a hyper-violent and hateful book from thousands of years ago is the literal word of an imaginary skylord. Reform needs to come from within, like with most religions. But how can you reform perfection?

What's "Moslem"? 🤔
Original post by Omen96
They have to prove they need it for cultural or religious reasons though. Muslims on the other hand just need to say they are Muslim and there you go

I'm a Christian, in my OT it says not to put interest on loans. There you go
Original post by Omen96
You completely missed the point. If Muslims want Islamic laws, why don't they move to countries with Islamic laws like Syria? Is that easier to understand?

It's much clearer, thanks. Yea, I agree with you, Islamic law does have lots of barbaric and stupid things, but it also has some sensible things that we already have in our laws, like the ban of stealing and forced taxation of the rich. The proposal is fair, won't harm anyone, won't have us bending over as some may suggest and will help educate more people, then why not?

Btw, Syria doesn't have those "Islamic loans", all governmental loans "pre-war" were at interest rates and all.
Reply 75
Original post by Ciel.

What about those in favour of Jewish Courts? Better to kick em all out in one go right?
Reply 76
Original post by oShahpo
I agree, but this is isn't the "Sharia law" that everyone is talking about. The proposal is fair and makes sense. I don't see any disadvantages to it and it's certainly not harming anyone. Sharia law, while barbaric for the most, includes laws that are sensible like not stealing and forced charity tax on the rich. If something is only positive, why not implement it?

Well, personally, I am wounded by this proposal. Why should they be treated differently? Of course, I realise that students themselves won't benefit from that system. But muslims keep crying about inequality, and what do they do? They actually want different rules for themselves. Equality is about being treated equally and, clearly, they don't want that. If they can't get a normal loan because a pedo-ah, prophet is the right word isn't it - forbids them from doing so, then just let them stay uneducated. And I am tired of the government kissing up to muslims and their silly ideas, which have no place in the modern world. And no, it isn't just the loans idea, it's also stuff like halal meat. But I am not going to discuss this particular aspect any further because things may quickly turn very, very unpleasant.

Also, I can just imagine what kind of charities the money will go to. I bet it won't be animal charities.......
(edited 7 years ago)
Whoa there, hold up. Isn't a charitable donation tax-deductible? Would a debtor of these loans be avoiding tax?

If only we in Christendom had stood up to usurers. But then we would not have got any of the stuff done between 1400 and 1700 in particular that gave us our edge.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BaconandSauce
Oh yes we do (and if you follow this issue you would be aware)

http://henryjacksonsociety.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/RADICAL-ISLAM-ON-CMAPUS.pdf

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/6924618/Revealed-the-true-extent-of-Islamic-radical-influence-at-UCL.html

There are other examples if you need them

But it is not proven that educated Muslims are more unlikely to shy away from a intolerant version of Islam rather it seems the opposite is true

Hmmm... fair point. Though most of these references are before 2009. So we may need to see an updated version as well as the survey. But the survey is what I'm most interested in. Is there a more recent one than 2008? (Sorry not trying to sound naive, just think more info the better :smile:.)

It's not proven no. But I can't see how education can make things worse since the uneducated are fed intolerance anyways. It's more possible that the more liberal teachings of Islam will increase if more people start to think for themselves. Right now, British Muslims live in poverty and will continue to be brainwashed by the radical, "educated" Muslims if we don't give them the chance to learn and question these radical individuals. If the population of those in full-time education/employment increase there's no way they can be less integrated into society, if not more.

Spoiler

Original post by Omen96
You will never understand if you are asking that question. That's the problem with you people

Lol. At least teach us! (And the "you people" reference might make you come across as a bigot, no offense.)
Reply 79
Original post by King7
What about those in favour of Jewish Courts? Better to kick em all out in one go right?

Religious courts have no place in the modern world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending