The Student Room Group

What is the process of buying clothes?

Hello,

How does buying clothes work? I go into the shop, then what? how do I make sure they fit? do I use a changing room? is there a lock on the changing room? is there a camera in the changing room? do I take the clothes out of the packet to try them on or do I have to find some not in a packet?

thanks!
Reply 1
Just go into the shop, pick out the clothes you want (they'll be on hangers or folded) in the size you need and take them to the fitting room. There'll normally be an attendant at the entrance to the fitting rooms; tell them how many clothes you have and they'll often give you a bit of plastic with a number on it or something. If there isn't an attendant, just go in. Find a fitting room with an open door or curtain, go in and try on the clothes. There'll be a lock on the door; if it's a curtain, obviously there won't :tongue: When you're done, go out and give any clothes that don't fit, along with the plastic number thing, back to the attendant. Take the rest to the till.

If there are clothes in packets, you normally can't try them on. You also obviously can't try on things like underwear and socks, so if you need to buy any, pick them up after you're done trying things on. If you're buying a coat or a jacket, people just try them on on the shop floor.
1) Find clothes you want
2) Guess the right size
3) Purchase clothes

That is how to shop for clothes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How old are you OP? How have you managed to get new clothes so far?
1. Go to shop.
2. Find acceptable clothes.
3. Purchase said clothes.
4. Leave shop.
Original post by similarBlank
Hello,

How does buying clothes work? I go into the shop, then what? how do I make sure they fit? do I use a changing room? is there a lock on the changing room? is there a camera in the changing room? do I take the clothes out of the packet to try them on or do I have to find some not in a packet?

thanks!

Don't pick up clothes and walk out without paying. Everything else is fair game.
Is this a serious question?

*sigh*

Kids these days
omg I'm laughing so hard...are you serious ?
Reply 8
Original post by Captain Jack
Don't pick up clothes and walk out without paying. Everything else is fair game.

Ah. Does this mean I've been doing it wrong? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest