The Student Room Group

The EU is like Hitler - Boris Johnson

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bornblue
Are there greater stocks in our water? Where's your proof for that? Besides I'm a vegetarian - fishing stocks is a low concern of mine.

So you want to leave the European Union so you can search for convicted paedophiles? I suggest you find a hobby.
Our police maintain access to all criminal records and DNA accross the EU thanks to Europol.

This is your argument? Deary me its scraping the barrel stuff at best.

You haven't told me a single right that the EU are taking away from me. Other than my right to have an inefficient Hoover 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

So go on, tell me actual rights the European Union are taking away from me. Please do.
I bet you've never even bought a Hoover yet are sooooo outraged that you have to buy a more energy efficient but equally as powerful one.

The thing about this kind of thing is that once you get past the nonsense the Daily Mail and Daily Telegraph spew out about it, the truth is that these kinds of regulations on energy efficiency act as a spur to innovation and industrial progress. The same thing has happened in California, where very tough emission standards on vehicles have led to a global wave of innovation in the motor industry, leading to today's much less thirsty, much more efficient, much less polluting modern cars, vans, buses and lorries.

So let's have a round of applause for better regulations! :clap2: :five:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
The thing about this kind of thing is that once you get past the nonsense the Daily Mail and Daily Telegraph spew out about it, the truth is that these kinds of regulations on energy efficiency act as a spur to innovation and industrial progress. The same thing has happened in California, where very tough emission standards on vehicles have led to a global wave of innovation in the motor industry, leading to today's much less thirsty, much more efficient, much less polluting modern cars, vans, buses and lorries.

Yeah... But Hitler ... Or something.
Reply 62
Original post by Fullofsurprises

What was it the motor industry said when asked about mandated efficiency standards? Oh no it could't be done. It'd be the end of the car. Funny that.
Original post by Aj12
What was it the motor industry said when asked about mandated efficiency standards? Oh no it could't be done. It'd be the end of the car. Funny that.

In the US, the big motor manufacturers spent tens of millions of dollars on lobbyists trying to stop or reduce the regulations, spreading lies about their effectiveness, arguing that vehicle pollution was not the cause of the terrible LA smogs, etc. Now that the smogs are a distant memory and Los Angeles often has crystal clear views, there is a curious lack of apology from all concerned. :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending