The Student Room Group

AQA Sociology Unit 1 17/05 & Unit 2 23/05 - Official Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LillyFaye
Ok, guys. So, I bombed this exam lol. I screwed up the first 2 marker and for the 6 marker I blanked out how could I forget about GIST? ugh. Anyway, I feel really comfident about next weeks family paper so if I did really well then and screwed up this paper- will I get a relatively decent grade?

Yes! If you get an average of say a C/D in this paper, getting an A in families hopefully will bring up to a B :smile:
Original post by xJaayyy
Yes! If you get an average of say a C/D in this paper, getting an A in families hopefully will bring up to a B :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Workangel_24
Here's the questions...
3) Outline and explain 3 policies that led to the increased educational achievement of girls in the last 40 years. (6m)

See, this is what confused me - I read it as 'increased educational achievement of girls in the last 40 years', not '3 policies in the last 40 years', so I thought the Sex Discrimination and Equal Pay Acts would've counted as they caused a gradual change over the last 40 years, not an immediate one.
Original post by elegantelephant
See, this is what confused me - I read it as 'increased educational achievement of girls in the last 40 years', not '3 policies in the last 40 years', so I thought the Sex Discrimination and Equal Pay Acts would've counted as they caused a gradual change over the last 40 years, not an immediate one.

Oh okay.
Hate education, hopefully families and households will bring my grade up, haha
Original post by popcornjpg
Yes, I know, but it was linked to something no? I thought it just said 'educational achievement' but nearly everyone in my class said it was 'social class achievement'.

I think it was linked to social class - I wrote about cream-skimming and how it disadvantages the working class.
does anyone have any idea about grade boundaries? :smile:
So I totally crashed and burnt. It think all in all, I maybe got 26 marks out of the 60. :erm:
:erm:

Does anyone know the grade boundaries?
Reply 548
Is 48/60 going to be enough to get an A?

Definitely, that would be an A because looking at past grade boundaries you usually needed 42/43 to get an A.
But maybe AQA will take into consideration that it was a new spec and lower it? Possibly to 40/41? Hopefully!
this is a dumb question but I feel like I got an E in that exam omg. So if I do amazingly well for paper 2 and get let's say an A, what grade would I get? 😬
For the last question on the SCLY1 paper I put the different ways in which the family has become diverse so through secularisation, legislation etc. and heard people talking about the functions instead? I talked about how the changes undermine the family so they may be perceived as not able to perform those functions, but I really feel like I answered it too differently?
Original post by souless_lol
this is a dumb question but I feel like I got an E in that exam omg. So if I do amazingly well for paper 2 and get let's say an A, what grade would I get? 😬

Maybe a C if you are lucky.
First question just threw me, swear my teacher did not ever mention that!
I found the 6 marker difficult not being factors and just policies, and I also ran out of time on the last question. ****...
Original post by olivia.pope
First question just threw me, swear my teacher did not ever mention that!
I found the 6 marker difficult not being factors and just policies, and I also ran out of time on the last question. ****...

Yh me too what did you write for the policies cuz I wrote something different from that I think
Original post by Lois Elliott
I didn't like the 10 marker.I had to sit for a while to come up with something plausible because the question was so vague. I ended up writing about the Marxists perspective on education and the two roles it performs :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is literally what I did too, did we have to include two separate theories, like Functionalism and Marxism, or is two marxisms good enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shaziye
Yh me too what did you write for the policies cuz I wrote something different from that I think

I wrote about introduction of Coursework, introduction of a National Cirrculum and Equal Pay Act. Which I hope is correct??
Original post by elishajennings
For the last question on the SCLY1 paper I put the different ways in which the family has become diverse so through secularisation, legislation etc. and heard people talking about the functions instead? I talked about how the changes undermine the family so they may be perceived as not able to perform those functions, but I really feel like I answered it too differently?

Yeah I did that too, do u think it's wrong??
I'm really worried because it said 'in the last 40 years' in the question but the only policies I could think of were Sex Discrimination Act 1975, Equal Pay Act 1970, and GIST and WISE; do you think it counts because their effects are still seen today?

That's what i'm worried about!! I guess I didn't read the question properly because my first point was from the 1940s!!!!! I am so screwed
Original post by benj1999
This is literally what I did too, did we have to include two separate theories, like Functionalism and Marxism, or is two marxisms good enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure that will be enough-I only mentioned Althusser. If they had wanted us to mention an alternative they should have said so rather than being so vague :/ its so frustrating!
Does anybody have an unofficial mark scheme of the exam?? Would love to try and see what average mark I got....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending