The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Biology Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nik123Efimov
Mutations

Both - mutations cause variation.
Original post by homeland.lsw
Surprisingly quite well thanks!!
Today has been a good exam day, not French and biology where very nice :biggrin:

Great! :biggrin: :woo: :headbang: Fingers crossed the rest are also good :crossedf:
Reply 162
Original post by Mocton2468
Question about temp senser instead of thermoneter was its more accurate right ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

greater degree of accuracy yep
Original post by BhaktiPate1
That was the most hardest Biology exam I'd ever doneeee!!!!

ikr!!
To be honest, the exam I just sat was a piece of (Naughty word). Hope you get a mark scheme soon enough
Original post by InneRs
Same. I'm reassured.

you had to do 80/50 which gives u 1.6......i think o_O
(edited 7 years ago)
I was devastated that there was no infectious disease questions D: The paper wasn't too hard, but unexpected..?
Reply 167
Original post by habeeb_00
Whoops I wrote how relay neurones are faster goddamnit haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is a past paper question (can't remember which year), showing you about the speed of electrical signal and chemical signal in neurones. One of the answers is that the diffusion in the synapses make chemical signal slower than electrical. I just looked at it yesterday and it's applied on this actual paper.

Thank you past papers.
Aqa really played games with us this time! Nothing about menstrual cycle hormones cloning adaptations or drug trials!!
What did people write for the horse legs question? I wrote that a mutations occurred and stuff (I know it's wrong)
Also for the brain and spinal cord question. Because I'm a retard I didn't realise that 12/4 is 3 (heat of the moment) so incorrectly got 10 for the mean therefore wrote the brain is faster. Will I get any marks at all?
that was one of the easiest papers i've ever sat. my whole school finished so early. some even left half way through cos they finished early !!
Original post by xmas168
Does anyone know what the question was underneath the graph on the snail colours?

There was a question underneath the graph? Looks like I missed that one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0lut0
Am I the only that put Dog for that question loooool

Posted from TSR Mobile

nah i put bloodowrm or summin
Original post by tmansfield039
Could you have written invertibrates for the organism that indicates polloution?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats what I put , someone clARIFY!!11!
Original post by kit1234
For the brain and spinal cord question, which one was faster?

I think I said the spinal cord coz the mean speed was 1.6.
Original post by Dh1236
Yeah it was 80cm over 50s to get 1.6cm/milliseconds compared to 12cm over 4ms to get 3cm/ms

Yeah you're right. 3 is obviously faster than 1.6. I don't know what I was thinking.
This thread grew real quick 😂
I know 90% of the questions and answers.)))
Reply 176
Original post by bluebookworm
I was devastated that there was no infectious disease questions D: The paper wasn't too hard, but unexpected..?

Some of the questions were unusual, like the independent company one
Original post by Nik123Efimov
Most likely 1

Thanks, I was hoping I would get at least 1 for that - ugh, I'm such a douche for forgetting to multiply by 100, lol.
Original post by CarefreeDreams
I think I said the spinal cord coz the mean speed was 1.6.

no the brain was faster because its 3. 3>1.6
Original post by lunaticash19995
Yeah you're right. 3 is obviously faster than 1.6. I don't know what I was thinking.

Same I'm kicking myself what a stupid mistake to make

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending