The Student Room Group

How did the French GCSE Exam go?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
aqa listening is the new hannahs sweets

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Edexcel reading was alright but the listening....well,I'm hoping for my coursework to push my grade up.It was that bad.
Original post by wildjones
Yay! It was alright, a few dodgy questions. What did you think? Which was easier, reading or listening?

Yeah i agree! I thought listening was easier surprisingly and i really hate listening!!:/ what about you? the very last question about the water and the sand for gods sake i put water and heat!! what an idiot:K:
Original post by ihatehannah
That aqa listening was a ***********ing joke, hardest thing i've ever done in my life, I hope 10 marks is a C

Original post by LunaTy
AQA ARE *****SSSS WTF WAS THAT LISTENING PAPER

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by I'm_infires
It was definitely not what I expected and I don't think I'll be getting as high of a mark I was aspiring for. And that one about new years! Why are they asking me to justify my solutions all of a sudden ffs?! I swear I think the exam boards are just ****ing with us since we're the last year to do the "old" GCSEs. First I had a whole paper about bees for English Language and now a paper about selfies in French. Great. Just great.

I agree with you guys so much lmao, that listening exam was an absolute mess, and I literally laughed out loud when selfies came up I mean wtf.
That e-cigarette question in the AQA paper tho
Edexcel was pretty easy, although I love their attempt to "get down with the kids"; "Teenagers all love video games and staying in their bedrooms hahaha aren't we so funny" -_-
Original post by erosesme
Yeah i agree! I thought listening was easier surprisingly and i really hate listening!!:/ what about you? the very last question about the water and the sand for gods sake i put water and heat!! what an idiot:K:

Was it sand? Thank goodness! I get the listening read out to me so it was alright. Usually I do much better in the reading but it seemed to be harder this year! I swear they used the word "reception" about 4 times! "Accueil" or whatever:colonhash: Did you get 1979 for the year?
Original post by Kumail2625
I did the Exexcel paper, the reading was fine, yet the listening was awful :s-smilie:

yeah same, which tier did you do?
That listening paper though for edexcel was so annoying OMG!! But the reading paper was decent even though i have a feeling I will probably get a b because of that last question... that stupid word demenager or a similar word I can't remember kept on popping up and I had no idea what it meant! So yeah totally guessed the last question but overall it was decent - they could have made it hard for reading but thank The Lord they didn't ! Oh and I wanted to ask on the last question for the higher reading paper did they find the cat in May or April :/ I said May but still not sure
Was it sand? Thank goodness! I get the listening read out to me so it was alright. Usually I do much better in the reading but it seemed to be harder this year! I swear they used the word "reception" about 4 times! "Accueil" or whatever:colonhash: Did you get 1979 for the year?

Yeah it was sand I had to google translate it afterwards, it was stressing me out! Yeah me too, basically everyone i spoke to struggled with the reading, so hopefully if its across the board the grade boundaries will be lower! Did they? haha I didnt even notice, only in the work bit i saw it..oops. I cant remember what I got.. i think it was a mixture between 1979-1969 from the people who i asked. What is your coursework grade like, if you don't mind me asking:smile:
Original post by romansholiday
I agree with you guys so much lmao, that listening exam was an absolute mess, and I literally laughed out loud when selfies came up I mean wtf.

wtf no wayyyy did they talk about selfies in your exam hahahaha
AQA, went really well overall, just one tough question on the listening paper about orange badges?? Did anybody get that?!
Anyone do WJEC lol?

I did! How did you find it??

Same, I found Reading easier than Listening by miles!
Yeah it was sand I had to google translate it afterwards, it was stressing me out! Yeah me too, basically everyone i spoke to struggled with the reading, so hopefully if its across the board the grade boundaries will be lower! Did they? haha I didnt even notice, only in the work bit i saw it..oops. I cant remember what I got.. i think it was a mixture between 1979-1969 from the people who i asked. What is your coursework grade like, if you don't mind me asking:smile:

I just guessed since it began with "S" and they were talking about beaches haha! Oh, and what did you get for the highest price of the solar chargers? It said "vingt cent cinquante" and that means twenty hundred and 50! Would that be 250 or 2050 euros?
My coursework is 34/40 for speaking and 36/40 for writing. You?

Sand???? Oh dear.. :frown:

I just guessed since it began with "S" and they were talking about beaches haha! Oh, and what did you get for the highest price of the solar chargers? It said "vingt cent cinquante" and that means twenty hundred and 50! Would that be 250 or 2050 euros?

I put down 1979 as the year and 250 euros but I'm not sure :frown:
wtf no wayyyy did they talk about selfies in your exam hahahaha

Yeah, it was like a multiple choice questions on selfies, like the advantages and disadvantages or something I can't remember... The responses were like "smiling in selfies is good" and "she takes a selfie with her dog" I was gone by that point f that.

Haha no idea why the heck i put heat..when its talking about solar charging oops. And it said vingt a cent cinqante so you had to pick either 20 or 150, because it said in the question 'what was the highest you could pay' or something. Thats insane well done! My speaking is 33/40 and my writing is 40/40
Reply 38
Original post by tiquismiquis
AQA, went really well overall, just one tough question on the listening paper about orange badges?? Did anybody get that?!

I got something like 'they got dedicated parking spots' and 'free entry at a barrier' 😂 I'm not sure if it's right

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Edexcel was a really nice exam!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending