The Student Room Group

Cold Beer, Warm Beer, or Iced Beer

Poll

Cold beer, warm, or on the rocks

*poll

I honestly like it warm and frothy but that also will depend on the storing temp and if the bartender knows how to pour a ****ing drink

Scroll to see replies

Warm Beer!

Are you a heathen?
Cold wtf?
VERY cold. As in, if it were any colder it'd start to turn to a beer slush puppy.
If it's lager then ice cold, amazing in the summer. If it's a decent quality ale, then it should be cold but not too cold.

In my opinion of course.
Ice cold but no ice.

If it's an ale i'll have it at (winter) room temp but no warmer (depending on the beer ofc)
Original post by Wilfred Little
If it's lager then ice cold, amazing in the summer. If it's a decent quality ale, then it should be cold but not too cold.

In my opinion of course.

We posted pretty much the same thing at the same time.

What ales do you like
Btw, there is a special rung in Hell reserved for those that drink beer warm.

Don't do it. I'm upset at the very thought.
Original post by hezzlington
We posted pretty much the same thing at the same time.

What ales do you like

Hobgoblin & King Goblin are two of my favourites. I usually like the darker ones. I like stouts as well, that have a coffee type flavour to them. Shepherd Neame do some ones I like.

What about you?
Original post by Wilfred Little
Hobgoblin & King Goblin are two of my favourites. I usually like the darker ones. I like stouts as well, that have a coffee type flavour to them. Shepherd Neame do some ones I like.

What about you?

I'm a bit boring, I like Westvleteren 12, 8, Chimay, London Pride, Wells Banana Bread Beer. Pale lagers are great in the summer; a good pilsner. I like some Californian IPAs, too. Didn't catch the name of many, they're...strong.

I've never really delved into stouts, I've tried guiness...if that counts haha.
Reply 10
A cold IPA in the summer is the ****, citrus-fruity flavours all around!
I like my alcoholic drinks to be freezing, I'd sooner do a shot of vodka from ice than drink room temp vodka in a chilled glass. Also my favourite beers are best served at ice temperature but not as ice.
Original post by DiddyDec
Warm Beer!

Are you a heathen?

Yes :wink: lol
But I said I like it not "never drink cold beer"
And yea like guinness stout at room temp at least why not
Warm brings out the taste and it makes me feel all fuzzy inside :wink:, depending on the brand, the glass, whatever it'll either taste like piss or taste good
Original post by WoodyMKC
VERY cold. As in, if it were any colder it'd start to turn to a beer slush puppy.

Lol my old man used to give me those he'd crush ice in the blender and then pour beer over it for me, but I honestly just prefer all my drinks warm anyway like the chill is uncomfortable on my teeth. The taste is like nonexistent in cold beer as well so then I get in this pattern of pecking salty food and drinking more beer...which might be the point. Dark beer and stouts are proper warm, come on. Guinness extra stout cellar or warm bro.
IPA and pilsner yea...
Original post by 0to100
Lol my old man used to give me those he'd crush ice in the blender and then pour beer over it for me, but I honestly just prefer all my drinks warm anyway like the chill is uncomfortable on my teeth. The taste is like nonexistent in cold beer as well so then I get in this pattern of pecking salty food and drinking more beer...which might be the point. Dark beer and stouts are proper warm, come on. Guinness extra stout cellar or warm bro.

What institution serves beer warm?
Original post by Tom78
A cold IPA in the summer is the ****, citrus-fruity flavours all around!

Well yea IPAs are hoppy so cold is best and that citrus to kick like corona lime not my fav, I like my beers dark barley wine, imperials...and in mugs, not out the bottles, takes the taste cuz of those damn necks lol
Original post by hezzlington
What institution serves beer warm?

My institution...called my house... Just buy it and leave it out...Taps at pubs usually serve em cold so cold but that's because there's a protocol to how they as an establishment have to store their beverages anyway, so cold is standard but not best to me.
It depends on the beer and its quality. Good quality pale ales or IPA's are IMO at their best mildly chilled so you can taste the flavours. Cheap chemical piss lager like Carling needs to be ice cold just to be drinkable
Original post by 0to100
*poll

I honestly like it warm and frothy but that also will depend on the storing temp and if the bartender knows how to pour a ****ing drink

typical cuck liking warm beer...lol
any temp is drinkable, but I'm an alcoholic it seems, so...maybe my opinion is irrelevant. Cold is much more enjoyable though unless you're already pissed then it don't matter

Quick Reply

Latest