The Student Room Group

AQA Biology Unit 1

Scroll to see replies

Nah but seriously it was a weird test. Wasn't like any previous past papers and they missed out so many topics I have revised :/
Original post by jazz_xox_
I did this too, it seemed too much of a small number. I think we would get 1/2 marks.

I'm pretty sure it was a 1 marker... :frown:
Reply 22
it was hard guys i hope grade boundaries are low
The grade boundaries won't be low! It was full of 1 markers.
Reply 24
Original post by Jamie Vardy
I just realised I messed up on the percentage question; for some reason I put 67% instead of 0.67%...

same stupid mistake...
Original post by cricketoo566
It is 67% mate! You divided 2x10tothepower6 / 3x10thepower8 and then times the result by 100 for a percentage which gives you two thirds

It isn't 67% at all. It is 0.67%
I'm pretty sure it was a 1 marker... :frown:

I'm 99.9% it was 2 because I remember contemplating to change my answer to 67% and I knew I would get 1 of the 2 marks. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure this is the case
I went got 6.6% but wrote the fraction 1/150 x 100 would i get the mark?

Also what on earth was that paper? Half of it wasn't even factual bio- so many 1 markers and suggest took up more time which meant we had less time on others. This is unfair especially considering how easy papers were in 2010-14. This paper in general was very weird to say the least :/
Reply 28
lichens ... didn't finish the test so missed out on the two marks WHICH I COULD OF HAD !!!
What was the indicator species?

I put mayfly larve because im pretty sure it said animal amd not species...? I may be wrong!
Do you think lichens and pollution would get me the mark although they were asking for an animal :frown: didn't read the question properly
Reply 31
It was 66.6% recurring or 67%. Either would get you the mark
Original post by Anmol_.
Do you think lichens and pollution would get me the mark although they were asking for an animal :frown: didn't read the question properly

Sadly not I don't think, but it was only 2 marks
Original post by Gunjo

No the answer was 0.67% (I made the mistake of writing 67% too)
use lichen as an living indicator for sulphur dioxide
Original post by Gunjo

2 000 000/300 000 000 x 100 = 0.67%
Original post by Jonty1515
Sadly not I don't think, but it was only 2 marks

Not even one mark for writing pollution?
Original post by Anmol_.
Not even one mark for writing pollution?

Guess that's down to the mark scheme, I'd say you'd get one
Lichens
Original post by Anmol_.

I'm pretty sure it asked for a living organism, and a Lichen is a living organism, so it should be correct

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending