The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel Geography Predictions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Moo
Did anyone do the question about climate change for section B?

Yes the one about the natural causes? I did astronomical forcing, El Niño, sunspot theory and volcanic eruptions but I only talked about the time scale for the volcanic eruption :frown:(
I said 1.3 I think!!
Original post by LtsAaron
What did you guys do for the range question the one with answers 0.3, 1.3 etc, half of my year did 1.3 and the other half did 0.3, which one was it?!
Original post by Izzy162
yeah I did although I thought the 10 marker was weird?

Yeah, I felt like I was just regurgitating the same point about how the most devastating impacts of global warming were on the countries that polluted the least. What did you write about for part b?
Original post by LtsAaron
What did you guys do for the range question the one with answers 0.3, 1.3 etc, half of my year did 1.3 and the other half did 0.3, which one was it?!

I think it was 1.3. Range was basically asking the lowest fertile rate in that period and the highest in that period. The answer was the difference between the two which was 1.3.
Original post by The Moo
Yeah, I felt like I was just regurgitating the same point about how the most devastating impacts of global warming were on the countries that polluted the least. What did you write about for part b?

I talked about all four natural causes not only mentioned the time scale for one :frown:
Original post by The Moo

Same! I wrote about sunspots, volcanic erruptions, El Niño and a little bit about milankovitch cycles, I was so pushed for time at the end. What abou you?
Original post by A-LevelEconomist
Yes the one about the natural causes? I did astronomical forcing, El Niño, sunspot theory and volcanic eruptions but I only talked about the time scale for the volcanic eruption :frown:(

Oh, I completely forgot about the ENSO oscillation. I talked about the rest but I never related it back to climate change- I only mentioned that it was a cause of climate change. :s-smilie:
Did you have to write about causes of changing fertility in the graph question or literally just what's going on in the graph?? I got so confused!
Reply 108
Original post by The Moo
Did anyone do the question about climate change for section B?

I did!
Original post by Izzy162
Same! I wrote about sunspots, volcanic erruptions, El Niño and a little bit about milankovitch cycles, I was so pushed for time at the end. What abou you?

I felt like I didn't have enough time either- mainly due to the fact that I didn't know what to write for some of the questions in section A. I usually opt for a human question as well but I didn't feel like I had much to write about for the given questions. :unimpressed:
I think it was 1.3. Range was basically asking the lowest fertile rate in that period and the highest in that period. The answer was the difference between the two which was 1.3.

Yeah, the paper was badly worded, I did 1.3 anyway, because basic maths but meh.
Original post by Izzy162
Did you have to write about causes of changing fertility in the graph question or literally just what's going on in the graph?? I got so confused!

The first question was describing the changes in fertility rates (the whole graph) and the second part was explaining the change between some year and 2012.
Original post by Izzy162

Didnt you have to do both describe what the graph showed and then talk about why for example womens rights and the availability of contraception
Reply 113

it was 0.3 cos on the y axis the difference was 0.5 per peice of data ie 1.5 to 2.0 hence the difference can only be 0.3 as it was in the same 0.5 range and all the other options were greater than 0.5
Original post by ali99
I did!

How did you find it? I found part a difficult to talk about without repeating myself and I forgot to talk about the ENSO oscillation for part B. :s-smilie:
Original post by #Sabrina#
Didnt you have to do both describe what the graph showed and then talk about why for example womens rights and the availability of contraception

Oh dear I didn't talk about that only described the graph :frown:
Original post by Ankit.B
it was 0.3 cos on the y axis the difference was 0.5 per peice of data ie 1.5 to 2.0 hence the difference can only be 0.3 as it was in the same 0.5 range and all the other options were greater than 0.5

Lol no it wasnt bro. U a spanner or somefink?
Reply 117
Original post by The Moo
How did you find it? I found part a difficult to talk about without repeating myself and I forgot to talk about the ENSO oscillation for part B. :s-smilie:

Yeah my intro and conclusion were identical😐 also think i may have forgotton time scale on the volcanic erruptions, i talked about the different milankovitch cycles, variation in solar output, volcanoes/ meteors and el nino
Ehat did you write for part a the resource?!
For the essay in question 8, I didn't mention El Nino, do you think they would take marks off? I talked about the three Milankovich cycles, sunspots and volcanic activity and mentioned the timescales, but I'm worried that I'll be marked down for not including El Nino.
Original post by ali99
Yeah my intro and conclusion were identical😐 also think i may have forgotton time scale on the volcanic erruptions, i talked about the different milankovitch cycles, variation in solar output, volcanoes/ meteors and el nino
Ehat did you write for part a the resource?!

I just wrote about how countries which pollute the least have the most devastating impacts from global warming due to their location and adaptive capacity to cope being much lower than the countries which pollute the most (using the data given/photographs as examples)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending