The Student Room Group

(Edexcel) B1 17th May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bianca 16
it was definitely a 3 marker

dOES ANYONE KNOW THE ANSWER TO THE BRAIN HYPOTHALAMUS QUESTION IN BI TODAY AND YEAH DID ANYONE HAVE FRENCH FOUNDATION TODAY
For the question which wanted you to give the molecule for growth did every one put proteins.
Original post by chrlhyms
could i still get 3 marks without specifically saying vasoconstriction?

was it not vasodilation
Original post by Zellaforever
was it not vasodilation

Wasn't it asking how to reduce heat loss in terms of blood vessels?
Wasn't it asking how to reduce heat loss in terms of blood vessels?

yes that was the question I dont know if my answer is correct tho
Original post by Zellaforever
yes that was the question I dont know if my answer is correct tho

I think either is valid actually because you could reduce heat loss by doing vasodilation or constriction. I just said the process of the blood vessels and blood moving but forgot the vasoconstriction so i think i lost a mark there
could i still get 3 marks without specifically saying vasoconstriction?

I don't know but i'll pray for you
I think either is valid actually because you could reduce heat loss by doing vasodilation or constriction. I just said the process of the blood vessels and blood moving but forgot the vasoconstriction so i think i lost a mark there

not really vasodilation increases heat loss while vasoconstriction reduces heat loss just checked the textbook:biggrin:
the question about Malaria and sickle cell disease. It wasn't in revision guide or book
Original post by Bianca 16
not really vasodilation increases heat loss while vasoconstriction reduces heat loss just checked the textbook:biggrin:

So, I was right?

vasoconstriction reduces heat loss vasodilation increases heat loss just checked the textbook
Reply 31
IT WAS GOOD but on the Sickle cell anaemia and malaria question I was truly baffled and the mean question :smile:
That last question was beautiful
Original post by Zafirah.1
the question about Malaria and sickle cell disease. It wasn't in revision guide or book

It was on the B1 sample paper i did, you were basically meant to say that people who have sickle cell anaemia are more likely to be resistant to malaria so they reproduce lots which then carries on the recessive allel meaning more people have sickle cell anaemia. You could of said due to poor countries being prevalent with malaria they could over populate meaning higher chance of offspring having sickle cell anaemia due to the parents being carriers
Sickle cell one was about resistance, evoloution, passing down the disease to offspring, etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MohAhmedRS
For the question which wanted you to give the molecule for growth did every one put proteins.

Yh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
I wrote about vasodilation in a LOT of detail for that question would still get 0 marks?
It was on the B1 sample paper i did, you were basically meant to say that people who have sickle cell anaemia are more likely to be resistant to malaria so they reproduce lots which then carries on the recessive allel meaning more people have sickle cell anaemia. You could of said due to poor countries being prevalent with malaria they could over populate meaning higher chance of offspring having sickle cell anaemia due to the parents being carriers

what year was that past paper?
Reply 37
Last minute nitrogen cycle revision paid off
Original post by BV235
IT WAS GOOD but on the Sickle cell anaemia and malaria question I was truly baffled and the mean question :smile:
That last question was beautiful

For real the mean question I put 26 but realized it 6.5 because it's PER week🙄. And for the malaria thing I searched it up and it's because sickle cell has a faulty gene that gives it resistance to malaria. Utter nonsense never even learnt
On the 2 marker about how auxins kill weeds:

I said that selective weedkillers kill broad-leaved plants, but narrow-leaved plants remain unaffected. This ensures a higher crop yield.

Is this wrong as I didn't include the role of auxins?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending