The Student Room Group

AQA Biology Unit 1

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rope_Clay
I'm pretty sure it asked for a living organism, and a Lichen is a living organism, so it should be correct

I really do hope so, thanks
Original post by Gunjo
It was 66.6% recurring or 67%. Either would get you the mark

100/3*10^8 * 2*10^6 = 0.67
Reply 42
Grade boundaries hopefully should be low for this one
i thought overall it was pretty easy but some questions were really confusing especially the "what is meant by an independent company" swear ive never been taught that, I'm so hoping the grade boundaries are low
Original post by Areej_
lichens

Apparently lichen is wrong because it's technically plant? I'm not sure and I will be happy to be corrected if wrong but I put sludge worm for water pollution.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by Melville140
I found it okay actually, I didn't put calcium into the 6 marker which I'm annoyed about now but I put in vitamins and everything else in :/. The very last question over a different way of using an indicator was hard :/ what's an indicator you can use for sulfur dioxide/air pollution? Does anyone know??

I said Lichen for the first named example and then used tubifex worms.. another biological indicator but surely they can't ignore that as they are used to test for pollution....
Reply 46
I thought it was difficult since it had no easy question topics, no infectious disease, menstral cycle, mmr...
no i hated to six marker, that like my weakest point, think i got at least 3 marks on that tho
Original post by Gunjo
It was 66.6% recurring or 67%. Either would get you the mark

0.67% for me mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
pretty good questions about neurones, however the mosquito questions were hard! pretty sure lichens is wrong as it said animal, though i got it wrong aswell... independent business question complete rubbish no link to biology and the diet question which is a free 6 marks make this a very hard paper to guess at grade boundaries!
Reply 50
it was horrible i revised for months and basically about 2 of the topics were on the exam :frown:
Original post by Areej_
lichens

I put Lichens too,but is that an animal?It said give an animal indiciator?FFS!
Reply 52
Personally, I hated it. (I cried the moment the exam finished because I was so annoyed at myself/the test) I revised quite a lot for it, but most of it just threw me off - I was extremely happy about the 6 marker, though (The past papers were so much easier :frown: )
Original post by Melville140
I found it okay actually, I didn't put calcium into the 6 marker which I'm annoyed about now but I put in vitamins and everything else in :/. The very last question over a different way of using an indicator was hard :/ what's an indicator you can use for sulfur dioxide/air pollution? Does anyone know??

I talked about calcium in some dairy products.is that right..
I thought it was easy? Especially the 6 marker (but then again I took GCSE PE and that's on Friday so diet and its components is a key topic in that subject which might be why) so I was expecting high grade boundaries but I'm guessing that won't be the case come August?
Original post by Jamie Vardy
I just realised I messed up on the percentage question; for some reason I put 67% instead of 0.67%...

So did I!
Original post by Ddraigdwr2
Apparently lichen is wrong because it's technically plant? I'm not sure and I will be happy to be corrected if wrong but I put sludge worm for water pollution.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure it was invertebrates for water pollution and then oxygen levels in the water
Original post by amyneavepurser
I thought it was easy? Especially the 6 marker (but then again I took GCSE PE and that's on Friday so diet and its components is a key topic in that subject which might be why) so I was expecting high grade boundaries but I'm guessing that won't be the case come August?

Congrats for you, probs gotten an A* then
I already have so many regrets... just realised I rounded 0.6 recurring to 0.66 instead of 0.67 *slow claps*
I said fish for the last question? Does that seem legit?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending