The Student Room Group

OCR Latin GCSE

How you feelin' 'bout it?
Reply 1
mehhh...
Started Latin last year as an additional so a bit worried cas I've had less time ... what should I revise tonight in order to get an A* apart from vocab (currently getting A's) xx Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by abc_123_
Started Latin last year as an additional so a bit worried cas I've had less time ... what should I revise tonight in order to get an A* apart from vocab (currently getting A's) xx Thanks in advance :smile:

GRAMMAR!

Posted from TSR Mobile
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT GRAMMAR WE HAVE TO KNOW/CAN ANYONE PLEASE GIVE ME A LIST? I understand none of it and majorly stressing oh my gosh what is life
Original post by nettogrof
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT GRAMMAR WE HAVE TO KNOW/CAN ANYONE PLEASE GIVE ME A LIST? I understand none of it and majorly stressing oh my gosh what is life

Could you possibly help with the above please?

Sorry can't help feeling exactly the same way xx someone told me I should know the conjugations for the 5 noun declensions and the 5 infinitives tho xxx

Good luck tomorrow :smile: xx
Reply 7
Could you possibly help with the above please?

I would mainly go over:

Noun endings (especially singular, plural)
Pronouns
Adverbs
Verbs
Imperatives
Infinitives
Passives
Participles
Ablative Absolutes
Indirect Statements/Commands/Questions
Subjunctives+its uses (since, indirect commands, purpose, result and fear clauses, indirect questions)
Original post by abc_123_
Sorry can't help feeling exactly the same way xx someone told me I should know the conjugations for the 5 noun declensions and the 5 infinitives tho xxx

Good luck tomorrow :smile: xx

Ah ok thanks, those words make no sense to me haha :ashamed: I like my teacher but she kind of just presumes we all understand it because the majority of the people in my class do whereas I have no clue whatsoever it's just jibajaba to me and I have all these sheets of grammar stuff but I don't know whether we have to learn it all and I have been getting Bs in past papers I have done with all my notes and books and spent ages on them yet I am predicted A star in the exam so no pressure there
Original post by meme259
I would mainly go over:

Noun endings (especially singular, plural)
Pronouns
Adverbs
Verbs
Imperatives
Infinitives
Passives
Participles
Ablative Absolutes
Indirect Statements/Commands/Questions
Subjunctives+its uses (since, indirect commands, purpose, result and fear clauses, indirect questions)

Thank you!! Also are there any verb endings we don't need to know? And do we have to know the imperfect participle?
Does anyone know where I can find passages to practice translating? I just did one from a past paper online but the markscheme doesn't have the english translation!!:frown:
Reply 11
Thank you!! Also are there any verb endings we don't need to know? And do we have to know the imperfect participle?

You're welcome! :P
And i think we have to know: present, perfect, imperfect, future (both types), and pluperfect (not sure about the future perfect) tenses.

And for participles I think its just present active, perfect passive and future active
Reply 12
Also if you want practice I think the 2014 exams have the english translations in the mark scheme-apart from that I'm not sure
Reply 13
Original post by meme259
You're welcome! :P
And i think we have to know: present, perfect, imperfect, future (both types), and pluperfect (not sure about the future perfect) tenses.

And for participles I think its just present active, perfect passive and future active

You don't need future perfect indicative

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest