The Student Room Group

17th May 2016- OCR 21st Century Science B1 B2 B3 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by darce_pll
Yeah, i'm quite confident with my answer of X and Y

i wrote sex, i think i'm wrong :/
Original post by SteveDogg23
It can't be gametes, they are sex cells not chromosomes.

oh crap haha. What even was the question?
Time to revise for the chemistry exam on thursday :smile:
On the first page, did anyone else put XY for the last question?

I hated the wording of this question, and I was going to put XY but then I changed it to 'sex' chromosome but people in my class said they put SRY or sex determining
Original post by louisemayorx

Same, it was only a mark tho :redface:
Original post by louisemayorx

same, it was only a mark tho :redface:
Original post by Ella_08
oh crap haha. What even was the question?

It was like, what is the 23rd pair of chromosomes called?
The true for me was the one which said healthy people are tested, and the safety and effectiveness one.
Does anyone have any predictions for the chemistry on Thursday?:smile:
for the b3 six marker i wrote about predators, competition and change in environment. do you think you needed to write more for 6?
It was like, what is the 23rd pair of chromosomes called?

Oh ok. Nevermind, i think i got all the others right. i said proteins, genotype, phenotype :smile:
Original post by bmgaic
I said sex chromosomes.

me too, everyone is saying XX and XY chromosomes, but I think they'll accept them both.

I hope.
Original post by Ella_08
Oh ok. Nevermind, i think i got all the others right. i said proteins, genotype, phenotype :smile:

same :smile:
That was a weird paper.. It wasn't too hard but everything I revised didn't come up! I was expecting ethics of genetic testing, punnet squares, nitrogen cycle, lieving and non living indicators and the heart and none of it came up! All of it was applying knowledge ( but worse) and using data. Feel like i wasted my time revising all that now..
Original post by meganbriers
does 87/100 count as a probability?

I guess? But in the next question it said what the chance of her having breast cancer if the probability is 1 so I've used 0.87
Reply 215
Original post by kennethdcharles
The true for me was the one which said healthy people are tested, and the safety and effectiveness one.

The wording for the "healthy" one was dreadful as it said "treated" rather than "tested".
Didn't know if they meant actually making them feel better or just offering it to them. I put true anyway, I think something about the stem of the question made me put it because they said they "treated" different groups.
Can someone start a thread for the chemistry exam on Thursday?
same :smile:

awesome :biggrin:
What did you guys put for the 6 mark question in B2? I wrote that there was dead ebola virus in his blood so it acted like a vaccine and memory cells were formed but now I think I'm completely wrong :s-smilie: Maybe they just injected memory cells in the man's blood straight into the woman?
Original post by kennethdcharles

Same! 😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending