The Student Room Group

Let's RIOT Against AQA

IT WAS 90% application questions, 10% knowledge.

I MEAN WHAT IS THE BLOODY POINT OF IT IF THEY ARE MEANT TO TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE.

I spent ages revising stuff such as WBC, Fertility drugs, adult cell cloning etc and it didnt even TOUCH upon it? We may as well have not even learnt any of it. This is a disgrace and isn't representable.

YOU HAVE A LOT TO EXPLAIN AQA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Totally agree, i had all the factual information memorised... there were at least 3/4 suggest questions and own opinion questions! Even the four markers were stupid!
Reply 2
Asking stuff that's not on the syllabus as well
Reply 3
Yeah exactly! I thought I was the only one that thought this. Just goes to show how the rest of the science exams are going to be like.
Reply 4
It's a disgrace, WHY cant they just stick to the syllabus for one, and TWO, WHY DO THEY NEED TO SHOVE TONS OF APPLICATION QUESTIONS IN WHEN THEY CAN JUST SPREAD IT OUT THROUGH THE SCIENCES.

there was barely anything on that test that proved your biology knowledge, pathetic
Reply 5
*cough* What is meant by an independent company? *cough*

The only sign of "company" in the AQA spec is the legal writing about AQA.
Reply 6
Completely agree, loads of graph questions and weird, unusual questions. Very frustrating.
Reply 7
Why was the AQA paper so hard what questions did they have on it.The edexcel paper was fairly easy apart for 2/3 questions which were worth 3 marks
Reply 8
They were asking questions that no one knows
I usually have 15mins to spare on my past papers, but in this one, I JUST managed to finish on timeeee

Also, barely any topics came up this year. Only 2 or 3, which didn't really require revision...
Original post by BV235
Why was the AQA paper so hard what questions did they have on it.The edexcel paper was fairly easy apart for 2/3 questions which were worth 3 marks

It was mainly adaptation of knowledge to situations. Over half of the paper was reading and adaptation of knowledge - even then there were some things you would find difficult to understand. I even found that because there was so much reading of context, I struggled to finish the last two questions and I had to rush through them to finish in time.
Original post by BV235

AQA exam was AWFUL. Asking question not on spec and loads of applications and it isn't a MATHS EXAM FFS
Aqa are a part of the illuminati
Loool I'm waiting for my exams to be this banterful init:lol:
Reply 14
Edexcel question on why there is a higher population of people with sickle cell anaemia and malaria like what are you doing?
I swear I am never going to become a doctor At least I have two more biology papers to redeem myself
Reply 15
DISGRACEFUL. I could have done it without revising. NOW THAT IS NOT A GOOD SIGN

lmao people spent like 5 months revising biology, only to get this
Mad children. Bad at exams and blame it on the exab board. FEED ME :bootyshake: :colonhash:
Original post by IAmAnTroll

I spent ages revising stuff such as WBC, Fertility drugs, adult cell cloning etc and it didnt even TOUCH upon it? We may as well have not even learnt any of it. This is a disgrace and isn't representable.

So true...I wrote out and memorised more than 20 pages of notes for nothing

-_____-
Yeah, it's a disgrace that they'd make you think in an exam.
Original post by morgan8002
Yeah, it's a disgrace that they'd make you think in an exam.

That's bio for you, you must apply stuff i bio....
Original post by IAmAnTroll

because knowledge isn't enough in the real world you must apply it, you won't be asked to recall knowledge when you have a job which requires bio knowledge, you'll be asked to apply it.

also you really are a troll aren't you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending