The Student Room Group

AS AQA Geography GEOG1 17th and GEOG2 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

for coasts, was benefits the good thibgs about the management, like what it has lead to, and for costs i wrote 1 paragraph about it
What did we have to write when labelling the stack? I literally just drew a stack and wrote vegetation, long and elongated shape, weak base due to erosion.
Original post by algerianmami
overall that actually went alright.. apart from the coasts landslide question and formation of a stack I messed that up big timeeee

was that the first one? i wrote the definition of mass movemebt then the 2 things in the pictures.

the stack was 5 marks?? its quite easy to get 3/5
Original post by That_girlkim
Dw, I did birth rate and population density, I think any should be fine :smile:

Awkward considering it said from the figure...
Original post by PeaceyBoy
What did we have to write when labelling the stack? I literally just drew a stack and wrote vegetation, long and elongated shape, weak base due to erosion.

i wrote about it being close to the cliff, it titled to one side, labeled hard and soft rock and that the top isnt steady
Original post by Abigailj99
That deforestation causes soil erosion and desertification and also that it stops oxygen being released and if it is not managed correctly is is not renewable. Hope that is right!

I wrote about soil erosion as well, and that burning fuel wood contributes to greenhouse gases
Original post by MatthewJohnson

I wrote about how they were useful/not useful for the figure but was it meant to be why they were useful in general? I'm really worried now :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wrote about the high and low tide marks and the bedding plane layers as well as the vegetation for the stack question ,we didnt have to talk about WCP or cliffs did we? ((It was only 3 marks right?))
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Laaz123
was that the first one? i wrote the definition of mass movemebt then the 2 things in the pictures.

the stack was 5 marks?? its quite easy to get 3/5

Yeah it was. Did you mention rotational landslides? I think that was what one of the diagrams was showing, not sure tho :/

Also, what did you annotate on ur sketch of a stack?
seeing as last year it was just over 50% for a A in hoping it's lower than what you're predicting
Original post by MatthewJohnson

Really? Oh man
i answered the first question in the food section by mistake instead of energy! Think I was just in too much of a rush I didn't even think before moving onto the next question. If I crossed it out will I sill get marked for my energy section or will I get 0? I'm so worried now
Original post by AtifaC
73% for an A?
68% for B?
62-65% for C maybe?

I think they could be lower than that, I'd say last years paper was easier and that was 55% for an A....
omg lol i drew the cave, arch, stack stump in the box! :s-smilie: silly me. also what did people write about the river terraces and rejuvenation. and the food supply 15 marker
Original post by Emmalou193
I think they could be lower than that, I'd say last years paper was easier and that was 55% for an A....

I reckon that it'll be about 75/120 for an A as that's the highest it's been for the past 5 years and the paper wasnt too difficult (i found it quite hard :/)
The exam went badly :frown:

River rejuvenation just had to come up, pretty sure we haven't covered the population 15 marker and I think I completely misunderstood the energy one....

Was it waterfalls and potholes in the first question for rivers?
Original post by algerianmami
Yeah it was. Did you mention rotational landslides? I think that was what one of the diagrams was showing, not sure tho :/

Also, what did you annotate on ur sketch of a stack?

yeah man, the second one was rotational i think.

for stack i annotated the hard and soft rock, it being close to the cliff, it tilting to one side - idk if that was right tho it looked it x
Original post by Emmalou193
Anyone else think those questions were really vague? Especially the 15s?
What did people write for the 15 in cold climates about Antarctica ?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote about IAATO and protecting the sites, showing no sign of wear, fishing but I don't know if that fit in since I couldn't think of a lot and I wrote about the ban on mining and drilling? I hope it was that :redface:
Don't worry I thought I had done really well and then came out of the exam and realised that for the coasts section I wrote about river management for 15 marks not coasts so im really upset.

Original post by IKEAPanda37
The exam went badly :frown:

River rejuvenation just had to come up, pretty sure we haven't covered the population 15 marker and I think I completely misunderstood the energy one....

Was it waterfalls and potholes in the first question for rivers?
Original post by BonnieLeigh
omg lol i drew the cave, arch, stack stump in the box! :s-smilie: silly me. also what did people write about the river terraces and rejuvenation. and the food supply 15 marker

I did the same thing but I drew an arrow towards the stack and still labelled it so should be okay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending