The Student Room Group

Edexcel French- 17th !!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tamanna___
I didnt find 2015 that hard either hehe, but last years year 11s in my school struggled really bad apparently

LOOOL finally someone who understands me.Yeah some people in my school who were predicted A's came out with U's on that paper. Getting on to a higher this year because of what happened last year was a mission for my whole French class:smile:
Original post by aggressively
I'm predicted an A grade but question 8 on the reading always gets to me and I practically get no marks on that section .. so I don't know anymore. Good luck though, I wish you guys all the best!:smile:

Omg same, I hate question 8...and I am partly French...please be an easy exam where we all get A and A*! Good luck to you too!!
Original post by AsiyaAden9879
LOOOL finally someone who understands me.Yeah some people in my school who were predicted A's came out with U's on that paper. Getting on to a higher this year because of what happened last year was a mission for my whole French class:smile:

Same haha! Majority of my class got put in foundation, i was going to be put in higher right from the start which is a good thing i guess haha! Anyways how did you find the papers? I thought listening was pretty hard.. I wasnt sure of most things i crossed and wrote.. Hopefully i get lucky XD but i thought the reading was easyyy!! It was quite straight forward, and most of the vocab came up in the 2014 reading paper which i learnt yesterday so thats good haha!!
When u get questions on a missing black cat and train tickets...😒
Same haha! Majority of my class got put in foundation, i was going to be put in higher right from the start which is a good thing i guess haha! Anyways how did you find the papers? I thought listening was pretty hard.. I wasnt sure of most things i crossed and wrote.. Hopefully i get lucky XD but i thought the reading was easyyy!! It was quite straight forward, and most of the vocab came up in the 2014 reading paper which i learnt yesterday so thats good haha!!

The reading paper was so good it was literally easier than any past paper I've ever done, the listening however was hard but what made it harder was the 3 dumb invigilators talking whilst the recording was playing. This made it harder for me to listen to the recording,ruining any chance I had of getting an a* in French. I just hope i got full marks on the reading to balance it out. What did you write for the writing question on the listening, don't you think it was going a bit fast?
The reading paper was so good it was literally easier than any past paper I've ever done, the listening however was hard but what made it harder was the 3 dumb invigilators talking whilst the recording was playing. This made it harder for me to listen to the recording,ruining any chance I had of getting an a* in French. I just hope i got full marks on the reading to balance it out. What did you write for the writing question on the listening, don't you think it was going a bit fast?

Um ive forgotten, what was the questions? Ill remember if i know what the questions are, and oh my god yes it was so freaking fast!! I could barely hear one point it was all straight after each other!!
Um ive forgotten, what was the questions? Ill remember if i know what the questions are, and oh my god yes it was so freaking fast!! I could barely hear one point it was all straight after each other!!

The first one was about who the activity was for, the second one was to say 2 details about youth spend their time or something along those lines.The third was the surprising fact about television and the last was about what activity the girls did
The first one was about who the activity was for, the second one was to say 2 details about youth spend their time or something along those lines.The third was the surprising fact about television and the last was about what activity the girls did

14-15
They dont go out much and they read (i think)
The televisions are not as popular as Mobiles? Theyre in third place..
They do stereotypical girly activities, like artistic things (cant remember specifically what i wrote)

I think the listenings really going to bring my marks down.. No chance of me getting an A* now

Also do you remember the writing question for the reading? What did you write?
I put ages 14-15
Original post by eviemason
How is everyone feeling about the GCSE French exams tomorrow?
I am NOT confident in the listening but hoping for an over all A maybe A*.

I did Foundation Listening and Higher Reading, found both of them difficult compared to past papers, since when have we learnt about Selfies and Vaping?:s-smilie:
Cant remember part 2 but i put about mobiles being more popular than tvs
Anyway the French Exam is over so there is no point stressing yourselves over what you may have got, that will be told on results day
Which month did everyone pick for the penultimate question, cause I knew it wasn't april because they were talking about the past, so I assumed they were currently in may, and then one month later would've been june, but I'm really not sure because nobody else I asked put that?
Also was I the only one who almost didn't realise there was another question on the last page?
I found the higher listening incredibly difficult! I basically had to guess everything :frown:

I found the reading to be really nice though, and whilst the last question was a little difficult, it was much more generous than years prior.

Safe to say though, my chances of an A or A* are down the drain!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
14-15
They dont go out much and they read (i think)
The televisions are not as popular as Mobiles? Theyre in third place..
They do stereotypical girly activities, like artistic things (cant remember specifically what i wrote)

I think the listenings really going to bring my marks down.. No chance of me getting an A* now

Also do you remember the writing question for the reading? What did you write?

Yeah I remember basically I wrote
Lydia was the one who cooked
That she didn't like Brittany or Britain because its constantly raining
People who are not allowed to surf are those who are under 14 or are not good/dont know how to swim.
About her father I said he gave her swimming lessons because he's an expert
I then said she wants to spend less time with her family and be more independent
I said that she wants to go camping because she can make new friends.
Original post by zara_ruby
Which month did everyone pick for the penultimate question, cause I knew it wasn't april because they were talking about the past, so I assumed they were currently in may, and then one month later would've been june, but I'm really not sure because nobody else I asked put that?
Also was I the only one who almost didn't realise there was another question on the last page?

I wrote may because it was in april and she said one month later 'une mois plus tard'
Hi!
The foundation reading exam was brilliant! I'm confident with a C and I think I've only dropped 2 marks on the paper. The foundation listening was okay. I took 33 as a prediction for a C grade on the reading and I got 21 on the listening, so hopefully it will balance out a little bit. My French coursework is good. I know I have one B and one C in my CW for sure. The "Mon College" assessment is the one I didn't find out a grade for. The recent speaking exam I got a D, but that's because I let some issues I was having at the time get the better of me and I ended up having a crappy assessment - All is well though. I'd be happy with a C overall for GCSE French. How'd you think you all did?
Yeah I remember basically I wrote
Lydia was the one who cooked
That she didn't like Brittany or Britain because its constantly raining
People who are not allowed to surf are those who are under 14 or are not good/dont know how to swim.
About her father I said he gave her swimming lessons because he's an expert
I then said she wants to spend less time with her family and be more independent
I said that she wants to go camping because she can make new friends.

Great!! I wrote all the same things!
Original post by GCSEStudent386
I found the higher listening incredibly difficult! I basically had to guess everything :frown:

I found the reading to be really nice though, and whilst the last question was a little difficult, it was much more generous than years prior.

Safw to say though, my chances of an A or A* are down the drain! :':wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure that you have done well, especially if you're predicted A's. If not, then you have a coursework grade to fall back onto :smile:
Original post by lyd_kate
I'm sure that you have done well, especially if you're predicted A's. If not, then you have a coursework grade to fall back onto :smile:

Thank you for this- hopefully got the A I want! Hope your exams are going well too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending