The Student Room Group

IGCSE CIE Biology may 17th

Have anyone done the paper 2 and 4 and found it relatively hard this year? Hope its not just me :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nerdcry
Have anyone done the paper 2 and 4 and found it relatively hard this year? Hope its not just me :frown:

Well im am doing variant 1 in about 2 hours.......Was the paper 2 difficult?
Reply 2
Original post by examhater44
Well im am doing variant 1 in about 2 hours.......Was the paper 2 difficult?

all i could say is the questions are not mainstream. it may be different for different variants...
Also i heard queston 9 was hard........what topic was it about?
Reply 4
Original post by nerdcry

Nope. Found it really hard too 😔
Reply 5
Original post by imanuela
Nope. Found it really hard too 😔

Same. They asked all the topics you would not expect.
It was easy, tho it was just more common sense then biology for some of the questions
Reply 7
Original post by djordje2000
It was easy, tho it was just more common sense then biology for some of the questions

What specifically was easy for you?
Original post by astonky
What specifically was easy for you?

Majority of the paper, I only struggled with the sodium hydrogencarbonate question to be honest.
What did u put for the q where we had to describe the results in that question
Reply 10
Majority of the paper, I only struggled with the sodium hydrogencarbonate question to be honest.

To be honest that was one of the easiest for me. The one on trophic responses was good too, but I struggled with the nervous system anf the 6 marker on fish stocks.
Original post by examhater44
What did u put for the q where we had to describe the results in that question

The one describing changes of the amount of mass of wild fish fished per year, or something like that?
Reply 12
Original post by astonky
To be honest that was one of the easiest for me. The one on trophic responses was good too, but I struggled with the nervous system anf the 6 marker on fish stocks.

BTW what did you write for the fish stocks?
Original post by astonky
BTW what did you write for the fish stocks?

Just general things the government could have of done such as; restricted area where fish live, put a limit on the amount of fish allowed to be fished, create conservations for the wild fish etc...
Just got home after doing paper 4? Hard? lol it's easier than any past paper i've done! :biggrin:
Original post by JamDonuts4Life
Just got home after doing paper 4? Hard? lol it's easier than any past paper i've done! :biggrin:

that's how I felt :biggrin:
Reply 16
that's how I felt :biggrin:

Wow lucky you. At least from what you said I picked up the marks on the fish. If the grade threshholds are fair, I should be able to get an A
Reply 17
For the fish one I put use a flagship species to fund its protection and I put make it an endangered/threatened species therefore illegal to fish and I also said create conservation areas and also introduce an organism that kills the fishes competitiors and its predators. Would this be right?
those ****ing fish :angry: i put legal restrictions on fishing amounts, manually modifying or placing fish populations in oceans/rivers, greater encouragement by governments for vegetarianism, and some other stuff I can't remember rn. what about that rhyscosa single-cell organism, or whatever it was called..??
Reply 19
Did anybody struggle with the inheritance question about acatalasia? I could not understand how to do a punnet square when one parent had only one gamete drawn -_-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending