The Student Room Group

GCSE CORE SCIENCE B1 C1 P1 Exams 2016 {OFFICIAL THREAD} EDEXCEL ONLY

Scroll to see replies

Original post by akinaro
Didn't it say that people with sickle cell disease were less likely to get malaria not that they were immune?

hi guys how did you find the exam and do you have any predictions about this year's chemistry exam (6 markers)
Original post by blizza15
hi guys how did you find the exam and do you have any predictions about this year's chemistry exam (6 markers)

I'm hoping for the calcium cycle and something on rocks/electroylsis :smile:
Original post by caitlinford3

oh okay hopefully i can get a good grade i
Original post by L0st45
Feel free to ask me if you'd like any help. :smile: Woud be helpful for me fr revision a well. :biggrin:

well i need help on hydrocarbons and polymers also the ways of disposing polymers (this is chemistry BTW) and rocks
Reply 84
such as the one marker asking what a plant needs to grow, it was different from anything I've seen.

& I know this was the question I didn't get full marks in, but I basically said if you contract sickle cell disease you are resistant to malaria & wrote some stuff about passing on the allele. I highly doubt I got more than 2 marks in this question it was highly confusing

I put people are more vulnerable to get malaria if they have sickle cell disease
Original post by TSlayerr
Good luck :smile: See you on the other side

it's past 5pm anyways how was the exam
Reply 86

I hammered all of the b1 past papers except this one pretty frustrating
Reply 87
Original post by blizza15
it's past 5pm anyways how was the exam

I think i got between 40-50 and just hope the grade boundaries are lower this year
Reply 88
Them 2 pages on Glycogen REALLY EDEXCEL REALLY?????
Ughhhh Guys, the malaria question and the stupid untreated diabetes 2 question really pissed me off !!!
Original post by Taran001
Them 2 pages on Glycogen REALLY EDEXCEL REALLY?????

I think that was okay part from the last question on glycogen, which i think i messed up:angry:

Spoiler

Is there an unofficial markscheme?
Im in year 10 and i done the exam today (my first ever official exam). What did you guys do for the type 2 diabetes and the bacteria question? Oh and was the answer for the question about why nitrates are needed proteins?
Original post by rohit301099
I found the malaria question quite easy tho, it came up on the 2014? not sure but yea but the diabetes 2 question omg :angry: what did you thought about the last 6 mark question?:smile:

I know the malaria one wason the 2014 paper but we were talking about the sickle cell and malaria question.
Reply 94
Original post by Akramrahman
I know the malaria one wason the 2014 paper but we were talking about the sickle cell and malaria question.

Surely the boundaries are lower this year!!!
Im not sure about that but fingers crossed, however i think i did really good in this paper and i believe that there were a lot of 4 and 3 mark question which was unusual
Original post by Taran001
Surely the boundaries are lower this year!!!
To be honest, that was one of the easiest b1 papers. I think i got every question minus 2-3 marks max.
I did my exam today
what did people get for the calculation question?
Original post by Lucky10
what did people get for the calculation question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending