The Student Room Group

IAL Chemistry Unit 6 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by AvWOW
But didn't it ask for the organic product??? I didn't write sodium benzoate cause it was Sodium in it, which I thought made it inorganic??? oh gosh

me too!!!
Original post by tgygt
me too!!!

But sodium benzoate is organic :/
Reply 62
Anyone remember ammonium disulphate question?
Original post by notsoclueless
I got an ester sodium salt actually
and the way I remember, it was NaOH

Original post by AvWOW
But didn't it ask for the organic product??? I didn't write sodium benzoate cause it was Sodium in it, which I thought made it inorganic??? oh gosh

Original post by lizysheron
oh right, the structural formula for the other compound formed. But wasnt in an acyl chloride since hydrochloric acid was used i think

It was an ester with NAOH ..so alkaline hyrolysis will occur and an alcohol and an ester sodium salt will be formed..that's how I looked at it.
Original post by xbuttermelon
It was an ester with NAOH ..so alkaline hydrolysis will occur and an alcohol and an ester sodium salt will be formed..that's how I looked at it.

You became my favourite person with those few words :P
Original post by tgygt
Anyone remember ammonium disulphate question?

Everyone is talking about this question & I'm freaking out because I don't remember it
Everyone is talking about this question & I'm freaking out because I don't remember it

Neither do I :O I just remember ammonium vanadate (v) :/
Reply 67
What is the effect on Kc value when student B use NaOH concentration less than 0.05moldm-3?
Original post by tgygt
What is the effect on Kc value when student B use NaOH concentration less than 0.05moldm-3?

apparently there should be no effect since kc value is only affected by temperature?
Original post by notsoclueless
Neither do I :O I just remember ammonium vanadate (v) :/

Yep, ammonium vanadate (V) is what I recall too!
Reply 70
It was an ester with NAOH ..so alkaline hyrolysis will occur and an alcohol and an ester sodium salt will be formed..that's how I looked at it.

Do you remember the compound?? What benzoate was it?
Meniscus that one how to answer?
The format of questions did freak me out...so long...so many words
I'll probably get like 10/50. Did u guys get the percentage yield as 50%?
Original post by coollike
I'll probably get like 10/50. Did u guys get the percentage yield as 50%?

Yeah, I was freaked out when I got it 50%

OMG, I just made the stupidest mistake UGH, I FORGOT THAT IT;S A BASE HYDROLYSIS AND JUST PUT BENZOIC ACID, LITERALLY SUBBING RIGHT NOW, I HAVE SO MANY MISTAKES :bawling:
Ohh myy, i wrote temperature doesnt effect the Kc value.. oh great just great!

Spoiler

Original post by PlayerBB
Yeah, I was freaked out when I got it 50%

Phew, thanks for telling xD, i freaked out so much when i got the percentage yield of 50 % :K:
Original post by lizysheron
Phew, thanks for telling xD, i freaked out so much when i got the percentage yield of 50 % :K:

Man, It was a hard paper, I am glad something is right!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending