The Student Room Group

Edexcel biology

Well...how did you do? I've seen tweets and we're #2. #1 is #aqabiology and that sounds hard!
I found that exam easy. I predicted the nitrogen cycle would be a six marker and it was. Evolution wasnt a suprise for the other six marker and i think i aced the test, A*.
Reply 2
Original post by kiransohail
Well...how did you do? I've seen tweets and we're #2. #1 is #aqabiology and that sounds hard!

I feel it went good. Trying not to be overconfident because I don't want to feel I've done phenomenal when maybe, perhaps, I didn't, but I'm confident I did well, and the six markers were beauties!! The only question which I struggled with were the malaria and sickle cell anaemia link.

How do you feel it went?
What questions did you find hard? I found the malaria/sickle cell question confusing. I think i lost a mark maybe.
There were so many easy questions in this exam. This paper was a godsend and should help raise my overall mark if I dont get so high in b2 or b3. Im aiming for an A/A* for biology. What do you predict for the chemistry exam?
Reply 5
Original post by L0st45
I feel it went good. Trying not to be overconfident because I don't want to feel I've done phenomenal when maybe, perhaps, I didn't, but I'm confident I did well, and the six markers were beauties!! The only question which I struggled with were the malaria and sickle cell anaemia link.

How do you feel it went?

Did you do the 1B or 1BR paper?

I did the 1B paper and I think it went well too.
There were a few nasty topics in there such as the menstrual cycle and nervous system
There was an odd 5 marker on the effect of greenhouse gases in our atmosphere.
There was a relatively straightforward natural selection question, as well as an easy-to-plan CORMS question.
Roughly six marks cumulatively on transpiration
I know I lost a few easy marks, however, but did well on the longer questions.

I predict paper 2B to have stuff on the heart, experiments to measure rate of respiration and photosynthesis, adaptations of a plant and stuff on pollination and micro-organisms within industrial fermenters.
Reply 6
The paper was amazing. But yeah the only difficult question I identified was the sickle cell / malaria 3 marker.
Original post by Adenine9
Yeah, that malaria/sickle cell question was ridiculous! I finished about 20 minutes early and was staring at it blankly with no idea what to write :colondollar: The rest of the paper was really good though!

I felt exactly the same... Loved the 6 markers jusy the sickle cell question on malaria had me stuck...
Has anyone posted a unofficial mark scheme yet
I need an unofficial mark scheme... There was one for the aqa paper
The 1B paper was not Biology, the first half felt more like a Geography/Economics hybrid. We had to explain what the graph showed, work out the percentage decrease (never done that before, I'm just lucky that I can rearrange formulas etc.) and explain why CO2 levels have dropped in the past 20 years in the UK. The rest of the questions I found ok, there were none that threw me I just think that I lost detail marks :tongue:
Original post by L0st45

How do you feel it went?

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame! I felt like it went quite well but I don't want to be overconfident too! Yeah, I agree, there were a few awkwardly worded (is that a word?) questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending