The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Biology Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eerin.walker
I got 2/3 as well

I got 0.6
The one about the decaying grass was to do with respiration and the microorganisms respire as they are decaying the grass so CO2 levels go up,

The temperature probe is more accurate/reliable and/or provides a more accurate result

The carbon dioxide level averages out due to no more oxygen being available for respiration
Guys , I put a whole mark scheme together. If u want it send me a whatsapp or tweet me. +447712123002. Or @PlaysNik
Btw check out #aqabiology
Original post by Elliepinhorne
I got 0.6

Did you not see the little dot on your calculator?
I put eyes! It's right I asked my teacher it is a sense organ xx

Yes, it is a sense organ. But the question said something along the lines of "the brain controls sense organs in your face, name one other sense organ". The only one left is skin, which passes down the spinal cord rather than through the brain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abs101010
Guys everyone is talking about the question to do with rats, I literally can't recall there being a question about rats? Help?

it was in question 1 about testing the effect of a drug on a rat in blocking pleasure from alcohol / nicotine i think or something like that
Guys , I put a whole mark scheme together. If u want it send me a whatsapp or tweet me. +447712123002. Or @PlaysNik Btw check out #aqabiology
Original post by nettogrof
Do you think for the snail one saying that 'snails use less energy when they respire to release energy for movement because they don't move far or quickly' would get a mark?

I put this as well. Doubt it's right (maybe one mark).

I *think* these are some other possible responses:
2) Just say the person gets addicted or similar - looking at past mark schemes shows this is the best 1 mark answer.
7) Because non of the bar charts show 100% of boys drinking (maybe also too small sample size)
8) All answers there are correct, but you probably only need to mention 3 or more for 5-6 marks
24) Foot is able to grip the ground (?)
Original post by charliej2802
Anyone else get 0.67%???

yeess is it right tho?
Reply 689
Original post by HonourableDorito
Yes, it is a sense organ. But the question said something along the lines of "the brain controls sense organs in your face, name one other sense organ". The only one left is skin, which passes down the spinal cord rather than through the brain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote nerve

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ahmed74
I swear that's right?

uhm 66.66% ??? isnt it?
Original post by lilyflowerxoxo
What did people get for the question about all boys drinking and why was the hypothesis not valid??

Because the sample size was only 100 and therefor too small to make an assumption
image.jpg
Attachment not found
FOR SNAILS AND THRUSHES:

One reason is because snails are cold blooded so do not use energy for heat. Thus more energy is passed on to the thrush and less is lost.

Another reason is because, generally from mammals to mammals, energy is lost due to bones where bones contain energy, yet this energy is not passed on through the food chain, as bones are inedible. However, snails do bot have bones and the only inedibles part is the shell. thus less energy is lost.

Not a sense organ, sorry. Sense organs are eyes, ears, nose, tongue and skin.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I put eyes! It's right I asked my teacher it is a sense organ xx

Are you sure? Loads of people said it was skin as it had to be a sense organ that was connected to the Spinal cord. I hope eyes was right because that's what I put. I just saw the word 'sense organ' and thought either eyes, ears, nose, tongue or skin.
Original post by dangerouswoman
Are you sure? Loads of people said it was skin as it had to be a sense organ that was connected to the Spinal cord. I hope eyes was right because that's what I put. I just saw the word 'sense organ' and thought either eyes, ears, nose, tongue or skin.

Skin, sry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abrahhhh
uhm 66.66% ??? isnt it?

Nope
Original post by habeeb_00
I got 0.666 whoops for the malaria one

Posted from TSR Mobile

So did me and all my friends!!
Original post by PreetiKaurG
Hopefully B2 & B3 is much more easier. As normally they give one harder type exam, then the other tends to be slightly more straightforward. Dont forget it is still possible to get the A* even if you get a B in this exam. Its 25% so as long you did well in your CA & do well in B2&3 then you should be fine

I got an A* in my CA. Do you know what the likely minimum is that I could get in B1, B2 and B3 to get an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending