The Student Room Group

WJEC AS GEOGRAPHY G1 and G2 17 and 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Leviathan1741
Yeah, using case studies and examples helps you gain a lot of marks! Another tip (which you probably already know) - make sure to explain any key terms you use (you don't get marks just for using them, you need to say what they mean too) :smile:

That's some great advice! Thanks again :smile:
Reply 21
I'm taking this exam too - praying for hydrology!!

I'm so nervous :afraid:
Reply 22
Thankfully hydrology didn't come up!! Nice questions other than that "compare" one in question 2...
Original post by Caver
Thankfully hydrology didn't come up!! Nice questions other than that "compare" one in question 2...

Ye, I don't understand how we were meant to add in comparison element... I outlined the impacts for Tuvalu and Murray-Darling basin and for the comparison said that the impacts are less severe for Murray-Darling as it was only a 9 year event (2003-2012) and not indefinitely (sea level rise). Hopefully that's good...
Also that first question (1a) was sneaky flipping the scale for the second figure
Original post by Bradg199
Also that first question (1a) was sneaky flipping the scale for the second figure

Ahh no! I didn't even realise this!! I wasn't a big fan of the paper, hopefully i will still be able to get some marks though
Reply 26
what did people write for the human contribution to climate change?
Reply 27
Deforestation & Cattle Grazing/fertiliser use. Included facts for this such as 280 parts per million CO2 use pre-industrial and this increased to 390 ppm recently, said how deforestation and greenhouse gas emissions have contributed to this.
Original post by 123bongo

I wrote about CFCs, increased technology etc, and also about some natural causes ... because it was asking about how important human was, so i talked about how it wasn't the only factor

I basically said about how human activities (industrialization, modern agriculture and increased car ownership) are increasing anthropogenic emissions (greenhouse gases) leading to climate change because of an increased advanced greenhouse effect, with a diagram of the advanced greenhouse effect
Reply 30
ok good, i wrote about green house gases and the industrial revolution, but a girl in my class spoke about the gaia principle and graphs connecting to that
Original post by Bradg199
Ye, I don't understand how we were meant to add in comparison element... I outlined the impacts for Tuvalu and Murray-Darling basin and for the comparison said that the impacts are less severe for Murray-Darling as it was only a 9 year event (2003-2012) and not indefinitely (sea level rise). Hopefully that's good...

Wait? it was a compare question?! I thought we just had to talk about the impacts climate change had on two regions?
ok good, i wrote about green house gases and the industrial revolution, but a girl in my class spoke about the gaia principle and graphs connecting to that

phew I did the same. Thought i was the only one
Reply 33
For the comparing two impacts of climate change between two regions, I spoke about Alaska and Russia and how rising temperatures are happening in both, but Alaskan impacts are more physical (melting permafrost etc) and Russia is more human (decreased economic performance due to wheat export bans), it's a strange structure but will it be credited?
Reply 34
Wasn't a compare it was just to state 2 regions, for example I did The Maldives and Banks Island, just state them and use all facts and figures you can for them.
Reply 35
Original post by Ktd1299
Wasn't a compare it was just to state 2 regions, for example I did The Maldives and Banks Island, just state them and use all facts and figures you can for them.

The questions command word was to compare the impacts
Original post by Zaah
The questions command word was to compare the impacts

Are you sure? I didn't even notice if it was! :frown:
Reply 37
Original post by Leeshandexams
Are you sure? I didn't even notice if it was! :frown:

Yeah that's why I was so worried about my case studies! The application of them to the question was difficult so I'm not sure if my answer is correct 😭
Reply 38
I'm also pretty certain it wasn't compare. Could be wrong, but I'm sure it just said outline the impacts on 2 different regions.
Reply 39
Anyone remember what Research Enquiry section was in section 3? I'm retaking G2 on Friday and I really doubt it'll be the same one twice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending