The Student Room Group

Let's RIOT Against AQA

Scroll to see replies

AQA even made the telegraph for their disgraceful 'biology' exam paper but are yet to comment. Cant wait for the apology or lowered grades!! Im even prepared to do another exam like the last years if it means i will get better grades that i revised for??
I revised soo much for this exam and only 10% of the stuff i revised actually turned up
Reply 62
What did people put for the question about what animal detects environmental changes? I put Lichens but there a plant :/
Original post by Holmes16
What did people put for the question about what animal detects environmental changes? I put Lichens but there a plant :/

i put mayfly larvae and the less the mayfly larvae the cleaner the water
Lmao, what about that six marker though, they had so much SO MUCH they could ask us on that one, but noooo, nooooo they had to pick something that wasnt really on the specification (it was easy, but seriously?!). There was no bloody menstrual cycle, no culture of bacteria, no cloning techniques, nothing. BLOODY NOTHING. Now the grade boundaries are going to be up in the sky because u could literally have revised only on the day and still get an A/A*. PATHETIC.

y-u-no-guy-meme-face-300x300.jpg
Reply 65
Original post by nadeeminta01

It didn't say anything like that in our schools revision books, how can they put it in our exam!!
Reply 66
Original post by nadeeminta01

so pissed
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 67
https://www.change.org/p/aqa-lower-the-grade-boundaries-for-aqa-biology-2016-examination?recruiter=543162137&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink

PEtition

aLSO FOR 6 MARKER,can you talk about the componants of the food groups( for e.g,protein for growth)
hopefully the grade boundaries are lowered and are like last years ones 11 marks for a D and 20 for a C
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2015.PDF
Reply 69
I am glad i did Bio last year judging by some of the comments.
I think that AQA were a bit premature in releasing next year's test... this year!
90% bullsh*t and 10% knowledge? Yeah that sounds like AQA alright. It's been a while since I did GCSE Biology with AQA, but I did A2 Economics with AQA last year, where one could have passed the final exam by only talking about oligopolies, which was just a tiny part of the entire course. They put so much focus on exam technique, which just screws over those of us who know the stuff but don't know the mark scheme.
Oh deary me, next years exams aren't looking great at this rate...
Probably too busy concentrating on next years to paper to think about how many people this has upset and stressed out. What if all three sciences at 10% knowledge?
You guys know what the worst thing is they wont do anything about it, AQA are already denying everything saying we are complaining about nothing and when it comes down to it no one bloody cares about our say.
I'm a keen biology student As in all my mocks yet Ill be lucky to get a C in this bloody exam. we have been let down once again
Reply 75
agreed, this was my first exam and Id honestly felt asthough I had nailed revision, go into the exam and about 20% is based on biology, the rest is ********. Came out furious, only to find that AQA have blamed us for not doing enough revision! It really isnt fair, knocked my confidence for the next exams now.
Reply 76
Original post by BooHan
agreed, this was my first exam and Id honestly felt asthough I had nailed revision, go into the exam and about 20% is based on biology, the rest is ********. Came out furious, only to find that AQA have blamed us for not doing enough revision! It really isnt fair, knocked my confidence for the next exams now.

Exams are hard, face it.
Original post by tammio
Exams are hard, face it.

Yes, 'exams are hard', but if you have spent the last few months learning what AQA have written in their books then you should be able to get good grades. I learnt my AQA biology book inside out and I still didn't know how to answer some questions. So obviously the questions should be challenging, but they shouldn't be impossible to answer and AQA should've covered some idea of an answer in their revision guides if they were going to ask such questions. For example, in my revision guides I didn't come across independent companies or standard form but what I came across were topics like hormones that weren't even in the exam but should've been. It was confusing and unfair.
They (AQA) can't dare say that the 'exam was hard, that's how exams are' because exams are to test your knowledge and understanding of the subject. My knowledge was not tested sufficiently because more than half the specification was missing. My understanding of Biology which was gained within 3 years was not tested thoroughly so i am definitely expecting lower grade boundaries. This is so unjust and is such an inaccurate representation of our capabilities. I could quote the textbook word for ****ing word.
Original post by dhruvap
Totally agree, i had all the factual information memorised... there were at least 3/4 suggest questions and own opinion questions! Even the four markers were stupid!

Sorry to say this, but it's because it is so easy to memorise stuff that they have stepped up this year. All of the application questions were based on concepts that are in the spec, so AQA have really not done anything wrong.

No paper EVER has had every single topic in the syllabus, they just have a random selection to force you to understand the whole unit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending