The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Biology Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ammara-123
The percentage of people that died from malaria??

Posted from TSR Mobile

66.6% or 2/3 of the people who got Malaria
Original post by InneRs
Are you sure you put braket?
How did I get 0.6%?

I think it was 3x10 power of 8
2x10 power of 6 but cant quite remember

2000000/300000000 x 100 gives you 0.6%
Original post by dachessmystrezz
Last c:

I thought so. Many people ticked second to last box
Reply 723
Original post by Kara_h
I know this is wrong because the apparently the question said animals, but if I put lichen for the last question, would I get the mark for correctly saying what they detect in the next part of the question?? Otherwise that's 3 marks I've lost for not reading the question properly...

Posted from TSR Mobile

also i wrote lichens to detect air pollution or sulfur dioxide concentrations and i wrote oxygen sensors to also detect air pollution
Original post by PreetiKaurG
Well if you got an A* in your coursework you have a good chance at getting one if you do well in your exams. If you got a B in this exam then you will need an A* in another and atleast an A* or a very high A in the other exam to scrape into the UMS boundary for an A*. But anyways how did you find this exam?:smile:

That gives me a little bit more hope! :smile: Hopefully B2 and B3 will be different to B1. I personally hated this exam, thought some of it was irrelevant to the spec but I'm hoping I will still be able to get an A in B1 or, if I'm really lucky, an A*. How about you? :smile:
Could you say lichens and air pollution for the indicators?
Original post by Nathan Emmings
Anyone wanna make a guess at the grade boundaries?

Original post by pippavega
am i the only one who put 2/3 ??

You can't put a fraction as It asks for PERCENTAGE and secdonly AQA are trying to get rid of A*s to see who really deserves them sorry! So grade boundaries I think will be 50 for A*, no clue about the other grades tho
Reply 727
Original post by Jobayori
Apparently from the mark scheme I got around 53

where did you find the mark scheme?
thanks
Original post by 1jonam16
You can't put a fraction as It asks for PERCENTAGE and secdonly AQA are trying to get rid of A*s to see who really deserves them sorry! So grade boundaries I think will be 50 for A*, no clue about the other grades tho

What are you thinking about 33/32?
B?
Original post by zeldor711
I put this as well. Doubt it's right (maybe one mark).

I *think* these are some other possible responses:
2) Just say the person gets addicted or similar - looking at past mark schemes shows this is the best 1 mark answer.
7) Because non of the bar charts show 100% of boys drinking (maybe also too small sample size)
8) All answers there are correct, but you probably only need to mention 3 or more for 5-6 marks
24) Foot is able to grip the ground (?)

Hm maybe maybe not you never know ..... it may not be the best but may be in that 'accept/allow' column :wink: At the time I thought it was an awesome response haha
Original post by Anmol_.
I thought so. Many people ticked second to last box

Well, 2nd to last box was 'legal and medicinal drugs' and nicotine and alcohol are definitely not medical drugs. Definitely recreational drugs and legal. i.e. last box
For the last question, I wrote invertebrates and oxygen levels in water, would I get full marks. Invertebrates are animals, aren't they?
Original post by Nathan Emmings
What are you thinking about 33/32?
B?

I'd say about 40 for an A and 31 for a B
Original post by 0lut0
I put Dogs - Feel movement in earths crust

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put rats and that they indicate waste and filth
Original post by hamza772000
For the last question, I wrote invertebrates and oxygen levels in water, would I get full marks. Invertebrates are animals, aren't they?

yes but you need a specific example e.g. mayfly larvae
thats wrong haashym khan

gda students are always wrong
Original post by Ishan_2000
Well, 2nd to last box was 'legal and medicinal drugs' and nicotine and alcohol are definitely not medical drugs. Definitely recreational drugs and legal. i.e. last box

Yes that's what I thought. I think many people mistakened second to last box to be legal recreational drugs in a hurry
Reply 738
Original post by hamza772000

probably need to be more specific, eg rat tailed maggots
Was lichen the right thing to put right at the end???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending