The Student Room Group

AQA iGCSE Biology Higher 17th May - REPLY!!

confer and clarify any thoughts and answers on this exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I messed up quite a bit of this. Didn't even have time to start the final 4 mark question.

I feel like the questions were too confusing and broad that it was difficult to decide on an answer. For example, the 1 mark question on the purpose of the lungs could of been loads of things:

"to oxygenate deoxygenated blood"
"to diffuse oxygen into the bloodstream"
"to absorb oxygen and remove waste carbon dioxide"

The 6 marker was ok though, seemed confusing at first but I managed to understand it eventually.

What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be like? :redface:
Original post by mcdoogy
I messed up quite a bit of this. Didn't even have time to start the final 4 mark question.

I feel like the questions were too confusing and broad that it was difficult to decide on an answer. For example, the 1 mark question on the purpose of the lungs could of been loads of things:

The 6 marker was ok though, seemed confusing at first but I managed to understand it eventually.

I dont think u did the same exam as me??? The first question for my exam was filling in the blanks...
Reply 3
I reckon the grade boundary will be a lot lower, around 60-65 marks for A*.
Reply 4
jeez that is really low, its out of 90 right? I know for certain I lost at least 10 marks so not exactly a good start lol.
Reply 5
Original post by MovedMasterMike
I dont think u did the same exam as me??? The first question for my exam was filling in the blanks...

AQA iGCSE Biology? what was your 6 marker on?
Original post by mcdoogy
AQA iGCSE Biology? what was your 6 marker on?

My 6 marker was about how plants produce glucose and proteins.
Reply 7
I spoke to my biology teacher and he said it would be quite low. It is out of 90.
Original post by mcdoogy
jeez that is really low, its out of 90 right? I know for certain I lost at least 10 marks so not exactly a good start lol.

Same. I've lost about 10 marks already which is not good. But hopefully the grade boundaries will save me. I thought the exam is out of 60?
Reply 9
My 6 marker was about how plants produce glucose and proteins.

Hmm odd, you doing it in the UK? I'm definitely AQA iGCSE Higher
Original post by tippypro
I spoke to my biology teacher and he said it would be quite low. It is out of 90.

Oh i didn't check my exam but i thought it was out of 60?
Original post by mcdoogy
Hmm odd, you doing it in the UK? I'm definitely AQA iGCSE Higher

yh in england
Reply 12
yh in england

Don't think you did AQA and/or IGCSE then bro, its definitely always out of 90
Reply 13
confer and clarify any thoughts and answers on this exam

What did you guys put for the gametes question with the figure of the chromosomes? Didn't even realise that was a question so just circled number 1 as I had no idea!!
go to this thread too if you did AQA igcse Bio paper 1 today lots of answers are there

AQA iGCSE Biology Paper 1 by notveryoriginal
Reply 15
Original post by rm715
What did you guys put for the gametes question with the figure of the chromosomes? Didn't even realise that was a question so just circled number 1 as I had no idea!!

it was the last one, X X, that was an annoying one mate :/
Reply 16
Original post by mcdoogy
it was the last one, X X, that was an annoying one mate :/

Damn! Oh well only 1 mark
Original post by mcdoogy
Don't think you did AQA and/or IGCSE then bro, its definitely always out of 90

haha i forgot to mention. I did AQA iGCSE Double Award
how did you structure the 6 marker?!
Original post by mcdoogy

I think the answer was: "Gas exchange, removing carbon dioxide from the bloodstream and allowing oxygen to enter the bloodstream"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending