The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Biology Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Mayfly larvae I put as my indicator species.
Original post by Lazo
What would 38/60 be on average? Would it get me an A?

Either a very high (and unlucky) B or an A.
Original post by dangerouswoman
I've signed the petition. Might not help but oh well, at least we tried. Has anybody seen the #aqabiology posts? Seems like we're doing well so far with E4 and the Telegraph writing about the exam.
https://www.change.org/p/aqa-lower-the-grade-boundaries-for-aqa-biology-2016-examination?recruiter=543246764&utm_source=petitions_share&utm_medium=copylink

Signed the petition as well but... wont the grade boundaries be lower anyway as the majority of students did worse? Don't AQA adjust the grade boundaries to ensure the percentage of students who get A*/A/B/C etc remain the same every year?
Original post by lunaticash19995
I thought you had to times by 100

You already have times'd by a hundred- it should be 0.67 or 0.666... If its more it means youve multiplied by 100 more than once
that question on jet fuel was impossible
Original post by SamAyy
Only represents boys at the age of 15?

Yeah, you should be allowed that. I said the sample size was too small, basically the same thing.
Original post by zeldor711
Signed the petition as well but... wont the grade boundaries be lower anyway as the majority of students did worse? Don't AQA adjust the grade boundaries to ensure the percentage of students who get A*/A/B/C etc remain the same every year?

thats what i thought
Original post by Lazo
What would 38/60 be on average? Would it get me an A?

Last year, that was a low A and the boundaries will probably be even lower this year so I'd guess a mid-A but don't count on it!
Jet fuel?
anyone know what 45 would be looking at this i got at least 40 and around that
What would 26/27 be? A B or a C?
Original post by habeeb_00
I got 0.666 whoops for the malaria one

Posted from TSR Mobile

u r not the only one
Reply 872
Original post by BrightSmoke_
I'm just hoping the grade boundaries are low tbh 😂 and the ISA better boost up my grade, otherwise I'm not coming home on results day 😁

You made my day by reminding me of isa that was piss easy 👌🏽
Original post by waagh
probably need to be more specific, eg rat tailed maggots
So how many marks do you reckon I would get? I also mentioned oxygen meters for the very last question.
Probably not- was it a 1 mark or 2 mark question?
Original post by Pro4TLZZ
i wrote that,. also wrote it was only 100,000 ppl. would i lose a mark?
That's what I got too?
Original post by InneRs
Are you sure you put braket?
How did I get 0.6%?
Original post by BrightSmoke_
Am I the only one that was like "lol what m8?" when they asked about the living indicator? I wrote lichens even though lichens aren't even animals
they're species so it might be accepted
I got 0.6% without recurring, do you think I will still get the marks?
Original post by Haashym
The indicator species answer was lichens and the environmental factor was air pollution

It said to name an animal indicator species so wouldn't it have been invertebrates and measure water pollution due to the dissolved levels of oxygen
Original post by zeldor711

Well, we're all hoping the grade boundaries will be lowered but for now all we can do is hope AQA will be more reasonable. Have you seen the unofficial mark scheme? I think I got 25-27. Which is probably a C :frown: I had such high hopes of getting a B, maybe an A in this exam. And all we got tested on was how drunk rats are, the colours of snail shells and how many 15-year olds drink alcohol?:angry: I've never been so stressed in my life, I know I did so bad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending