The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Biology Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

For the horse one I said that the surface area of their foot had increased to enable them to get away from predators and move quickly
Reply 881
Try to remember please

There was questions on drugs
The company thingy
6MARKER - MINERALS
BIOMASS
GENETIC MODIFICATION
ADVANTAGES OF GENE INSERTED
EVOLUTION
THE FEET OF THE ANIMAL - WHAT CHANGED OVER TIME
HOW WERE THEY ADAPTED TO THERE ENVIRONMENT

MORE BUT I FORGOT.
Original post by nurjannah
I got 0.6% without recurring, do you think I will still get the marks?

inside job
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by dangerouswoman
Well, we're all hoping the grade boundaries will be lowered but for now all we can do is hope AQA will be more reasonable. Have you seen the unofficial mark scheme? I think I got 25-27. Which is probably a C :frown: I had such high hopes of getting a B, maybe an A in this exam. And all we got tested on was how drunk rats are, the colours of snail shells and how many 15-year olds drink alcohol?:angry: I've never been so stressed in my life, I know I did so bad.

Don't worry about it man, I am really annoyed to but you need to focus on chemistry and physics now and try and do amazing on them to get a high average, good luck
Reply 884
Original post by charliej2802
Anyone else get 0.67%???
first time i got 0.6666666666666666, second like i got 6.666666666666666 and third time i got 0.066666666 :/:frown::frown:
I messed up the independent company ********... what were the answers to what it is and why it was important that only a independent company tested on the rats?
Original post by 0lut0
Loooooool I put CNS for organ in the spinal cord question...wow

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too ahaha
Original post by _mk
first time i got 0.6666666666666666, second like i got 6.666666666666666 and third time i got 0.066666666 :/:frown::frown:

Lol I got 66 percent but pretty sure I got 0.66 the first time and then times it by 100 like a melon
Original post by EBRETTLE
Don't worry about it man, I am really annoyed to but you need to focus on chemistry and physics now and try and do amazing on them to get a high average, good luck

Thank you. Yes I need to stop going on TSR and twitter and start revising lol haha. And good luck in your exams! Hopefully they will actually have science in the questions and not drunk rats and snails :s-smilie:
Ok guys I am thinking 27 C 32 B 38 A 50 A*
Reply 890
Original post by bencarver1999
That's what i got with the re-occuring symbol on the 6 for the malaria question

I did so I just put 0.6% down, do you think I will get the mark?
Original post by Nathan Emmings

WHAATTT 38 for a B WHYYY

I'm thinking inside job
Original post by habeeb_00
I got 0.666 whoops for the malaria one

Posted from TSR Mobile

everyone I know got that too
Reply 894
Original post by InneRs
What school are you in? Eton?

haha:smile: I found it impossible
Well I dont know i think they will higher them this year.. But hopefully a nice 29 will give us a B :-(
Original post by 0lut0
Was the horse question about mutation or variation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

it was about variation, you had to talk about darwins theory of natural selection
Original post by lilyflowerxoxo
What did people get for the question about all boys drinking and why was the hypothesis not valid??

I wrote that boys drink beer, cider, but the girls drank more wine and spirits.

To be honest, I didn't find it that difficult. My first official exam since I'm in year 10 but still, it went pretty good, thankfully : )
Reply 898
that's super high considering how difficult today's exam was because even last year's grade boundaries were 47 for A* which is reasonable considering the exams was okay I really don't think they would do 50 for A*
Reply 899
Original post by Georgiagill
Me too ahaha

Same I really didn't understand that question omg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending