The Student Room Group

Should I try?

Hey guys! Exams have just started and I find them going pretty well and I have studied a lot for this day but now I'm starting to lose hope and I don't see anything in the future for me as im a C-grade student. Should I even try anymore? I'm doing the foundation paper for everything so I can't even get a B for anything. I'm starting to think of whats even the point of trying if I'm just going to get C's. Do you think I can have a good future depsite having bad predicted grades? And do you think C's are classified as bad grades,,, all my friends say getting C grades is bad.
Reply 1
No of course it isn't bad, C is still a pass. Believe in yourself, the worst thing you can do is go into an exam telling yourself you will fail. You've worked hard, you've revised, you're put in your best effort and at the end of the day only you know how hard you tried. You are not defined by a number or a letter on a piece of paper, C's get you into college and that's all that really matters at GCSE. Good luck, I know you can do this.
Reply 2
C is an pass, having an C in every GCSE isnt a bad thing, atleast you passed every subject. Aswell you might be able to go to Sixth form depending of the requirements
Reply 3
Original post by rm715
No of course it isn't bad, C is still a pass. Believe in yourself, the worst thing you can do is go into an exam telling yourself you will fail. You've worked hard, you've revised, you're put in your best effort and at the end of the day only you know how hard you tried. You are not defined by a number or a letter on a piece of paper, C's get you into college and that's all that really matters at GCSE. Good luck, I know you can do this.

Thankyou this made me feel better 😊 I will try!
Reply 4
Original post by Zacl
C is an pass, having an C in every GCSE isnt a bad thing, atleast you passed every subject. Aswell you might be able to go to Sixth form depending of the requirements

Thanks! I would prefer to go to 6th form instead of college. However, I believe you need at least a B-grade to do A-levels which I can't do sadly.
You're grades don't define who you are as a person at all, if you work hard and believe you can achieve you might and will exceed your potential! I was terrible at maths and i just stuck to it and worked at it now im not too bad at it, just remember that anything you wanna do in life might require qualifications but it shouldn't stop you from trying your hardest to achieve what you want to do, there are so many people who haven't even done gcses or failed them all and are in a better position than those who did incredible! As long as you believe that you can achieve something you will be able to do so
Reply 6
Original post by chrlhyms
You're grades don't define who you are as a person at all, if you work hard and believe you can achieve you might and will exceed your potential! I was terrible at maths and i just stuck to it and worked at it now im not too bad at it, just remember that anything you wanna do in life might require qualifications but it shouldn't stop you from trying your hardest to achieve what you want to do, there are so many people who haven't even done gcses or failed them all and are in a better position than those who did incredible! As long as you believe that you can achieve something you will be able to do so

Thankyou so much, this has really motivated and inspired me. Everyone's so nice here :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest