The Student Room Group

iGCSE biology edexcel May 17th predictions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheCe
Hey mate don't be scared of the exam. Make everyone you're sitting around in the examination hall scared with you on point preparation. This time won't come again. Just give it your best. Make sure you know every single thing before going for exam. You have like more than 20 days

Sometimes when you know everything you still can't do well cause of stress and pressure. I messed up my Human bio paper like that.
Original post by TheCe
Hey mate don't be scared of the exam. Make everyone you're sitting around in the examination hall scared with you on point preparation. This time won't come again. Just give it your best. Make sure you know every single thing before going for exam. You have like more than 20 days

thankyou, this has really motivated me, i just really wanted an A* but I guess with the fact that I had 5 months to learn the entire syllabus, compared to everyone else having 2 years I may be able to settle with an A
Reply 282
Original post by maths_geek234
thankyou, this has really motivated me, i just really wanted an A* but I guess with the fact that I had 5 months to learn the entire syllabus, compared to everyone else having 2 years I may be able to settle with an A

Why did you have 5 months?
I feel so bad right now because I feel like I know everything in the exam but I was so so nervous during the exam that I didnot do well, it was my first igcse exam so this could be the reason :frown: I feel like all my hard work is gone...I don't want that to happen in chemistry tomorrow, any tips to prevent stress during the exam?
Original post by Abodee1
I feel so bad right now because I feel like I know everything in the exam but I was so so nervous during the exam that I didnot do well, it was my first igcse exam so this could be the reason :frown: I feel like all my hard work is gone...I don't want that to happen in chemistry tomorrow, any tips to prevent stress during the exam?

I have the same problem, just don't think and take deep breaths, jot down everything you know on the front page to make sure you don't forget. Just think how hard you've worked and how it will go to waste if you don't concentrate, lead yourself to believe that you are not nervous but you're actually happy 😄
Original post by TheCe
Why did you have 5 months?

I wanted to do triple, my school said they didn't feel It was the right choice for me because last year i was getting D's and E's in my mock, but I was very ill last year, so I decided to do igcse and I am very proud of how far I have come in the short space of a few months....

....But I still want A*

but thank you anyway you are of great help
Original post by Abodee1

exactly how i feel

what grade do you think you will get?
Reply 287
I wanted to do triple, my school said they didn't feel It was the right choice for me because last year i was getting D's and E's in my mock, but I was very ill last year, so I decided to do igcse and I am very proud of how far I have come in the short space of a few months....

....But I still want A*

but thank you anyway you are of great help

You will get an A* :wink:
exactly how i feel

what grade do you think you will get?

Probably an A , I got an A* in the mock exam but ugh....
Original post by TheCe
You will get an A* :wink:

haha thanks :biggrin:
Can anyone remember what the investigation was about?:tongue:
For bio, i think it was about what is the optimum temp for eggs to survive or something i dunno
For bio, i think it was about what is the optimum temp for eggs to survive or something i dunno

INDEED! What variables did you maintain ? What was your method of measuring the survival of the egg?
I said same volume of egg or the thing that was meant to survive, i put them into 3 groups, and did different lengths of time, cant really remember that much about it wbu?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending