The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology SNAB 6BI04 ~ 6BIO5 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cakey_101
Could it be something to do with affecting enzyme activity?

Original post by dnac5
I put that, and asked my mum whose a biologist and said that temperature is always related to that. We might be lucky

Original post by Aimen.
Totally no idea.. I really wanna know that!

Yeah it turned out to be because of the effect of temperature on enzyme activity and metabolic reactions in the body of the shrimp so higher enzyme activity, faster metabolic reactions and faster response to the stimulus
Original post by tayloryeah
how hydrolysis of ATP provides an immediate supply of energy for biological processes
-energy sourced from glucose is stored in the phosphate bond
- ADP +P catalysed by ATPase produces ATP
-ATP diffuses to cells needing energy (respiring tissue)
- Hydrolysis breaks the phosphate bond
- Energy is released from the bonds and supplied to cells ie. biological processes immediately

Thanks, Edexcel makes the spec point more complicated than it should be.
Is Unit 4 synoptic? I initially thought it wasn't but after doing a few past papers it seems that there are several questions relating to cellulose and even one question on captive breeding programmes? I though the only part which was synoptic was the questions on the article in unit 5. Does anyone have any further info on this?
Original post by DonPedrodoc
Is Unit 4 synoptic? I initially thought it wasn't but after doing a few past papers it seems that there are several questions relating to cellulose and even one question on captive breeding programmes? I though the only part which was synoptic was the questions on the article in unit 5. Does anyone have any further info on this?

All of A2 is synoptic, but the majority of the synoptic content is in the scientific article
Reply 244
Original post by A-LJLB
All of A2 is synoptic, but the majority of the synoptic content is in the scientific article

how r u guys doing past papers for unit 5??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ranz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Typically I'll read the article the day before I do the past paper a few times (probably not the best strategy but hey-ho).
Original post by ranz

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't do the questions on the scientific article
Original post by ranz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Solve the questions without reading the synoptic article, however if the question refers to the paragraph number, I read it then solve the question

Posted from TSR Mobile
What days are unit 4 and 5 this year?
Original post by PsychoD
What days are unit 4 and 5 this year?

Thursday 16th and 23rd
Guys this may be a stupid question but for real.. How do I answer the questions? for real because I will learn everything and then I answer a question about transcription and it will want to know about enzymes, even after describing every step of transcription. I don't know if you lot get me, but I'm just wondering if there's a plan or anything they look for cos for real I'm bricking it
-Price
Original post by Samboy
Does this exist? I want in

LOOOL for real I want in
Original post by priceyyy27
Guys this may be a stupid question but for real.. How do I answer the questions? for real because I will learn everything and then I answer a question about transcription and it will want to know about enzymes, even after describing every step of transcription. I don't know if you lot get me, but I'm just wondering if there's a plan or anything they look for cos for real I'm bricking it
-Price

Read through the mark scheme maybe, and understand what the question is asking before you start writing
Original post by priceyyy27
-Price

I totally get what you mean and I think the edexcel mark schemes are always kinda unpredictable. I think it helps to really look at the wording in the question and how many marks each question is worth and also properly read the mark schemes. Doing exam questions is the best practice I think!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LThomas694
I totally get what you mean and I think the edexcel mark schemes are always kinda unpredictable. I think it helps to really look at the wording in the question and how many marks each question is worth and also properly read the mark schemes. Doing exam questions is the best practice I think!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cushty I'm gonna give it a go
https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/june-2016-factory-of-life-scientific-article-edexcel-question-7-questions-answers-and-viual-aids-11271853 << massive help for
JUNE 2016 FACTORY OF LIFE SCIENTIFIC ARTICLE EDEXCEL QUESTION 7 QUESTIONS, ANSWERS AND VIUAL AIDS
what experiments do you guys think will come up?
The question then says to 'Describe the effect of the ectopic beat on heart activity and suggests an explanation for this effect'
Can someone help with it, I really don't get why there is no change on the pressure in the pulmonary artery and I don't get points 8,9, and 10 on the MS :coma: ?

Thanks..
Reply 258
In the photosynthesis chapter, do I need to cover cyclic phosphorylation and non-cyclic phosphorylation?
I didn't see it in the spec tho :/ and it's confusing tbh
Original post by Aimen.
In the photosynthesis chapter, do I need to cover cyclic phosphorylation and non-cyclic phosphorylation?
I didn't see it in the spec tho :/ and it's confusing tbh

Yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending