The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Biology Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

How are you all guessing your marks? What mark scheme is this?
AQA are being so unsympathetic right now too.

"An AQA spokeswoman told Metro.co.uk: ‘Exams aren’t meant to be easy and students are obviously going to tweet about that, but there was nothing wrong with this paper. We wish everyone the best of luck with the rest of their exams.’"

Good luck isn't going to help if your questions aren't in the spec :angry:
Original post by habeeb_00
I got 0.666 whoops for the malaria one

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got that too i'm pretty sure its right!
Original post by dangerouswoman
Don't forget Animal Farm. :laugh:

Maybe Fahrenheit 451 will be relevant for chemistry?
For Q20 the scatter graph one i said to show the distribution😂Damn
I have literally just realised I said a synapse was junction between two neurones and I have no idea why I put that!
Damn. That's another 2 marks down the drain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goldenusername
Me too biology was my strongest and today's paper completely took me by surprise. Chemistry and physics are both my weaknesses and AQA are being disgustingly harsh this year. My next Re exam is on june the 7th. Good luck with yours, i'm sure you'll get an A* if you get As for your mocks :smile:

Same, I hate Chemistry but Physics is okay for me. And thank you! What did you usually get in your RE mocks? If it's anything between A*-B you'll do fine, RE is pretty easy compared to science. You just use beliefs and teachings and try to justify it and stuff, it's not that bad really.
Original post by Ahmed74
I swear that's right?

i got the same answer as well...
Original post by Meganshaw111
was the rats question in foundation or higher?

First question of Higher, Question 7 of Foundation. You didn't actually need to know anything about the rats.
why wasnt a thermometer used instead of the other thing
Original post by AJ2104
Maybe Fahrenheit 451 will be relevant for chemistry?

Or the colour wheel? Maybe surface graphics? Ooh, wait, how about inflation and deflation in the economy? Might as well revise that. It makes more sense to revise things that have nothing to do with the syllabus.
Original post by alyxgower

we are just comparing answers...
Original post by Evadriscoll1

I put 'more accurate' or 'more reliable results'. Something like that should get you the marks. Was it 1 or 2 marks? I can't remember
Original post by DonatelloP

I said scatter graphs are much easier to interpret :/
Reply 1034
I'm pretty sure it was 0.6 recurring?? How did you get 15%?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Megan1404
I have literally just realised I said a synapse was junction between two neurones and I have no idea why I put that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait - I just looked up the definition for it and it uses the word junction too. Will the examiners let me have this answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alyxgower

Earlier in the thread somebody posted an "unofficial markscheme" compiled by people from what they thought. I've had a look and the majority of it is bang on the money so it's a good guessing starting point.

Original post by NancyMassingham
I got that too i'm pretty sure its right!

Original post by EmmaC.
i got the same answer as well...

0.67% is right - I've explained a couple of times above why :smile::

Original post by DonatelloP

To show the correlation between two variables

Original post by Megan1404

Posted from TSR Mobile

Junction is actually the word they use for gap in the spec. You'll be fine :biggrin::
Original post by Evadriscoll1

i put 'a thermometer was harder to read'??
Original post by dangerouswoman
I put 'more accurate' or 'more reliable results'. Something like that should get you the marks. Was it 1 or 2 marks? I can't remember

i put 'thermometer cant be read as it cant be seen inside the flask' and I'm not sure but think 1
I did something similar to the question ''why wasn't a thermometer used'' and the six marker about balanced diet in class with my teacher before the exam, she also taught us about indicators and GM crops...if only i took it serious.

I only remembered the answer for the thermometer one: a data logger is more sensitive and accurate because it detects the smallest changes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending