The Student Room Group

WJEC AS GEOGRAPHY G1 and G2 17 and 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by mjrd
If you look back on past papers they could easily do the same fo g2 as g1. I said it would be limitations/weaknesses or thereabout today. I think it could be same for g2 or planning as that has not come up since summer 13.

If they give me a 2 generic strengths question i'll be laughing!!
Original post by Kaneki
If you discussed two impacts of climate change you'll probably just be capped at lower band two, so 4,5,6 marks (More likely 4). So you may not have to, if you've aced the rest of the paper there's still a good chance for an A, considering you only need 66% of the raw marks.

Try not to worry about it!

I looked at another 'compare' question and it expects you to at least compare even with little knowledge at band 1. Oh well, I messed up a few others and my whole of section 3! Unfortunately, will just have to throw in for it next year. Ty though
Reply 62
Original post by Kaneki
If they give me a 2 generic strengths question i'll be laughing!!

Good chance. Data coll was last yr so doubt they will do that again. Conclusion has been up twice. Limitation not since may 12 so mayb or planning as as not been done since may 13. Good luck!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Leeshandexams
I looked at another 'compare' question and it expects you to at least compare even with little knowledge at band 1. Oh well, I messed up a few others and my whole of section 3! Unfortunately, will just have to throw in for it next year. Ty though

That question was "outline and compare", so telling what the effects were will lead you to the low level 2 I believe
Original post by Salamon16
That question was "outline and compare", so telling what the effects were will lead you to the low level 2 I believe

It wasn't look..
What did people write for the 8 marker, question 3b?
It wasn't look..

do you have a photo for the figures on the left?
Original post by beth.leighfield

I mentioned typography and something about the river so we could see how wide/deep it was. That's it. Couldn't think and was running out of time :frown: bleh
do you have a photo for the figures on the left?

Indeed
Reply 69

I mentioned that land use mapping, precipitation levels and geology could all be used to explain high flow rates.
yh i think i did quite bad today in g1 in terms of the climate question about humans (think its 1c or 1b)
didnt understand it until the teacher said that i should of wrote about deforestation and urbanisation
better hope i get over 60 marks outof 75 in order to get an A this year
Indeed

how did you get this question

I told about precipitation that year with checking of extreme weather events like freak storms, changes in land use with references to making rocks impermeable, also told about the amount of snow fell that winter as its melting in spring increases discharge. Also made one more point, but can't remember now what it was about
Original post by lennyzoo
yh i think i did quite bad today in g1 in terms of the climate question about humans (think its 1c or 1b)
didnt understand it until the teacher said that i should of wrote about deforestation and urbanisation
better hope i get over 60 marks outof 75 in order to get an A this year

Last year an A was 49 marks, don't be too worried:tongue:
i wrote about investigating how urbanised the area is by using google maps and farming practices used (ploughing fields and tight soil)
yh errrm an A grade is easy
100 ums was 60 last year ...
how did you get this question

Someone took the question paper
sorry sounded like a dick
i meant that A is common in comparison to 100 ums
out of all pages they took a pic of that XD
out of all pages they took a pic of that XD

Oh they/I have pics of all of it.. haha, just someone asked for that part :P

Quick Reply