The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anon_98
Thank you! You too! Oh yay + 67/75- what about you? Didn't really understand some questions tbh.

Thank you :smile: that's good! I got 63. Yeah with some of the questions the wording made me a little confused. If I'm struggling with paper A what am I going to do for the exam tomorrow!? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been lurking around this thread and noticed that everyone's done so much more work than me for C1 and is getting much higher marks!

I'm quite stressed out now because I have my history exam tomorrow afternoon so I've mainly been doing that and not done as much work for C1.

Good luck to everyone tho, btw, let's hope tomorrow's paper isn't murder

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomophobia
I've been lurking around this thread and noticed that everyone's done so much more work than me for C1 and is getting much higher marks!

I'm quite stressed out now because I have my history exam tomorrow afternoon so I've mainly been doing that and not done as much work for C1.

Good luck to everyone tho, btw, let's hope tomorrow's paper isn't murder

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh I feel the exact same way. I have procrastinated so much today. I am literally going over some questions by topic online :frown: and stressing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3263
Original post by Thomith
The solomons papers are quite difficult and they word questions in a way that are trying to mess you up and confuse you (done A-F and honestly struggled on all of them don't worry :tongue:)
Just did F, got 71/75 (although technically probably around 65, because there was a 7 marker i had to look at the first 2 mark points for to understand what i needed to do)
And yeah. I think i'm pretty much done too, i'm really tired and so will be going to bed in like 30 minutes- an hour so i'm not tired when i walk into the exam.
Going to quickly go through question 10(b) of the June 2015 paper on examsolutions, as thats the only question i don't understand from past papers, then quickly go through the Sn Proof before going to bed.

Good luck for C1 tomorrow as well :biggrin:

Thank you for the reassurance! :smile: Yeah, I haven't seen them do anything like it on the normal papers so I'm taking it into account but not spending any more time on it bc I'm tired too aha. Yay that's honestly so great, well done!

Thanks v much + you!

Original post by mali473
Thank you :smile: that's good! I got 63. Yeah with some of the questions the wording made me a little confused. If I'm struggling with paper A what am I going to do for the exam tomorrow!? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I felt the same way. :s-smilie: I'm sure the real paper tomorrow won't be anything like that, those ones are a little strange. - Have a look at what Thomith said above to keep calm + try not to worry too much.- Hopefully it will all turn out great. :smile:
Everybodys so nice and supportive on tsr : ' )

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm so happy everyone's revising and being productive! :smile: I hope your revision pays off! :jive:
Original post by xs4
:colonhash::congrats: *DJ Khaled* i like that... i like that

:laugh: You know what, I might do

Spoiler

Aight i'm going to bed now as well guys, Good Luck with C1 if you have it (or any other exams tomorrow)! I'm sure we'll all smash it :smile:.

Tomorrow the plan is i'll get home around 4 maybe because of another year 13 leavers thing after C1 then:
4-530 - Chemistry Unit 2 (F332) June 2011
545-715 - S1 January 2012
730-9 - C2 June 2013

not as much as i'd like (ideally would be able to come home straight after the exam but yeah :/)
Reply 3268
Original post by Anon_98
I managed to learn the arithmetic series proof then I completed Solomon paper A and I think.. I'm going to stop revising now.

I suppose I could do some more past papers until 11:00pm..but if I look at any more coordinate geometry I'll probably vomit. Plus, the exam is at 9:00am so I think I'd like to make sure I wake up on time. Still need to get my stuff ready + check my seat etc so I'm going to do that right now and I'll read through some C1 threads from around the forum whilst in bed to help me fall asleep. Hoping I have done enough preparation.

The very best of luck to everyone sitting the C1 Maths tomorrow, hope you all do fab.

Goodnight!

PRSOM and we can.... DO THIS! I remember last year at my enrolment interview, my interviewer told me I wouldn't cope with and that I would probably fail AS maths all because I had a low B in GCSE Maths. Despite getting U's in class test I still came out with 237 ums last year. If I did it, anyone can.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Guls
PRSOM and we can.... DO THIS! I remember last year at my enrolment interview, my interviewer told me I wouldn't cope with and that I would probably fail AS maths all because I had a low B in GCSE Maths. Despite getting U's in class test I still came out with 237 ums last year. If I did it, anyone can.

Thats AMAZING! well done! How do you revise? :biggrin:
Reply 3270
lol C1:/
Reply 3271
Taking the day off revision to recover from that tragedy of a paper.
So C1 was awful. Really awful. I just want to curl up into a ball and cry.
But, i'm not giving up. Going to get some lunch and change my plan a little:
2-330 = C2 June 2013
345-515 = F332 (Chemistry Unit 2) June 2011
530-7 = S1 January 2012

Then we'll see how i feel.
Reply 3273
Original post by Anon_98
Taking the day off revision to recover from that tragedy of a paper.

:console:
How was C1 everyone? (I don't do maths but everyone at my college said it was horrific.) I hope it went better than you thought it did! I'm sure you all did brilliantly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3275
I'm just dissapointed more than anything else tbh.

Well and truly dissapointed.

It was a C1 paper. C1 FGS!

Supposedly the easiest of all maths papers and I don't think a single question in there was entirely straightforward bar, like, 2.

Even the arithmetic progression required me to think excessively.

Don't even get me started on the discriminant/simultaneous rubbish that took up all of my damn time.

I RAN OUT OF TIME. HOW ON EARTH DOES ONE RUN OUT OF TIME ON A STUPID C1 PAPER.

IT TAKES, LIKE, 50 MINS MAX.

You're meant to pretty much come out of the exam thinking you've completed a KS3 mental maths puzzle.

In comparison to the A2 units, it sometimes feels that way!

I'm just so angry. It just could've gone so much better and the past papers made me believe that it would.

It's annoying because I tried revising hard for it and was faced with that utter rubbish.

It was actually just full of rubbish lmao.

Like, I'm not going to exaggerate and say it was absolute hell in a booklet but it was nothing what it was supposed to be.

I didn't really want to lose more than 5 marks on that unit and it evidently looks like I have.

Why. Oh why.

Sigh. I'm glad I've ranted that out.- Feel a bit better now and I think I'm actually going to forget about what happened and start studying bc those exams next week aren't going to ace themselves. :rolleyes:

Will start on a C2 paper at 2:30pm.
Reply 3276
Original post by Clintbarton
How was C1 everyone? (I don't do maths but everyone at my college said it was horrific.) I hope it went better than you thought it did! I'm sure you all did brilliantly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure, I saw a lot of similarities between my answers and that of the unofficial MS so it's just a case of waiting and hoping that the grade boundaries are lower rather than higher.

Spoiler

Reply 3277
Just looked at Arsey's mark scheme. ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))':

Why did I do that. )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))'''''''':
Original post by Anon_98
Just looked at Arsey's mark scheme. ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))':

Why did I do that. )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))'''''''':

What do you feel you got? Marks wise or grade wise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3279
Original post by mali473
What do you feel you got? Marks wise or grade wise?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mmm not what I wanted. :redface: What about you?

Latest

Trending

Trending