The Student Room Group

Ict edexcel gcse exam tomorrow?

Any 6 mark predictions? and revision tips?

Scroll to see replies

I have it tomorrow and I don't even know tbh :frown: Good luck tho:smile:
Original post by Adzkii786
Any 6 mark predictions? and revision tips?

I reckon it will be on something along the lines of wearable technology e.g apple watches
Reply 3
Original post by Callummmm-13768
I reckon it will be on something along the lines of wearable technology e.g apple watches

Yeah, our teacher was like revise as much as you can of future technology and its effects
Reply 4
Original post by booksandcats
I have it tomorrow and I don't even know tbh :frown: Good luck tho:smile:

Thanks you too, you know any rvision sites? o.O
Yeah, our teacher was like revise as much as you can of future technology and its effects

have you done any revision for this exam?
Thanks you too, you know any rvision sites? o.O

revision world?
Reply 7
have you done any revision for this exam?

brief ntoes and past papers, cant do anything else tbh :frown:
Reply 8
Modular smartphones, All in One desktop computer, Raspberry PI, Wearable computers, 3D printing, Smart TV, Powerline networks, and IP filtering are on the list that Edexcel distributed for this exam :smile:
Original post by KanL
Modular smartphones, All in One desktop computer, Raspberry PI, Wearable computers, 3D printing, Smart TV, Powerline networks, and IP filtering are on the list that Edexcel distributed for this exam :smile:

what is this everything that will be on the exam or just a guess what could come up?
Reply 10
what is this everything that will be on the exam or just a guess what could come up?

We were given a sheet from Edexcel that had updated things we need to know and these were the topics that were in it- our teacher said they've probably been given to us for a reason
Original post by KanL
We were given a sheet from Edexcel that had updated things we need to know and these were the topics that were in it- our teacher said they've probably been given to us for a reason

are these hard topics because all we got told is about issues in ict etc
Reply 12
are these hard topics because all we got told is about issues in ict etc

No not really imo, I think we just need to know advantages and disadvantages

Modular: Advantages- less waste, cheaper repairs, enhanced personalizing -- Disadvantages- expensive to buy add ons, may be unattractive, parts could go missing

All in one: Advantages- save space, reduced power consumption, ease of use, more visually appealing -- Disadvantages- less powerful, can't upgrade internal components, not portable, lack of space

etc...
Original post by KanL
No not really imo, I think we just need to know advantages and disadvantages

Modular: Advantages- less waste, cheaper repairs, enhanced personalizing -- Disadvantages- expensive to buy add ons, may be unattractive, parts could go missing

All in one: Advantages- save space, reduced power consumption, ease of use, more visually appealing -- Disadvantages- less powerful, can't upgrade internal components, not portable, lack of space

etc...

ok thanks do you reckon all those questions about issues, digital divide and health and safety issues still be on the exam?
Reply 14
ok thanks do you reckon all those questions about issues, digital divide and health and safety issues still be on the exam?

Well, legal ethical and moral responsibilities probably won't come up because that was in last years paper but I do reckon we will get one about health and safety issues with gaming -- not too sure on that one though
Original post by KanL
Well, legal ethical and moral responsibilities probably won't come up because that was in last years paper but I do reckon we will get one about health and safety issues with gaming -- not too sure on that one though

if my coursework i a low B how many marks do u reckon i need to get to achieve a C overall?
Reply 16
if my coursework i a low B how many marks do u reckon i need to get to achieve a C overall?

I'm not sure sorry
I got 73/80 for my coursework, and apparently I need 31/80 in tomorrows exam to get an A* overall, so if 104/160 was an A*, maybe it will go down in a certain amount?

So say you got 50/80 in coursework (lowest B) , then I guess you need 24/80

BUT I'm not sure, don't take my word for it

EDIT: what I said before seems completely incorrect - sorry I have no idea
(edited 7 years ago)
youll definitely get above a B overall as the grade boundaries are amazingly low
I got 70/80 on the coursework, what would I need in the exam for an A*?
oh really thats what i got which is a high A-A*

so i guess we need to get at least a high A

Quick Reply

Latest