The Student Room Group

Accounting AQA Unit 1 - 17th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
anyone get the updated cash book balance at 4437?
Original post by Iscodisco
Ok. Firstly i think i got an A in this (i was already on a b but am retaking). Did anyone else reduce purchases as there were goods for own use? Im assuming everyone put the debit AND credit opening balances on the purchase ledger control account as this is the correct thing to do. I think 1078 is the correct balance on the bank statement as they have not yet accounted for the error that the made, so credited 18 in the cash book to remove thier error. Finally, all written questions were nice Control account benefits ( accurecy, deters fraud, information management or helps to prepare financial statements, bank rec (missing entries in cash book identified and corrected, missing entries in the bank statmenet identified/investigated and notify the bank for correction, and detterent to faud, and the stakeholder question (bank will assess profitability/liquidity to see kf the business can pay back the loan with due interest, assess possible lending.

why would you be reducing the purchases? it said it was on the vehicle purchase account. and the bank reconciliation correct balance was 1060. also you said you put debit and credit at the start on the purchase ledger control when the date said 30th april which was the end of the month. do you think you still got an A after all them mistakes??
Firstly, the purchases would lose me one mark. My teacher confirmed that you were supposed to put the opening balances for both the credit and debit of the purchase ledger. Im not convinced by your bank reconciliation figure, but if its correct i would lose one or two marks. I should have dfinia lty got full makrs for the written questions (18), balance sheet (5) Plca, slca both the recivables accounts, possibly the sales and sales return and the journal. So if your correct i would be dropping 4 maybe 5 marks out of 80, last year it was 65 to get an a so im fairly confident i will get an A yes.
Firstly, the purchases would lose me one mark. My teacher confirmed that you were supposed to put the opening balances for both the credit and debit of the purchase ledger. Im not convinced by your bank reconciliation figure, but if its correct i would lose one or two marks. I should have dfinia lty got full makrs for the written questions (18), balance sheet (5) Plca, slca both the recivables accounts, possibly the sales and sales return and the journal. So if your correct i would be dropping 4 maybe 5 marks out of 80, last year it was 65 to get an a so im fairly confident i will get an A yes.

Where both the tick boxs the 3 one?

What did you get for your bank rec? I've found im supposed to completely omit the 450 from both, so that's a possible 1 or 2 marks
Original post by alhrona

I got the third for each
Original post by yudhist
why would you be reducing the purchases? it said it was on the vehicle purchase account. and the bank reconciliation correct balance was 1060. also you said you put debit and credit at the start on the purchase ledger control when the date said 30th april which was the end of the month. do you think you still got an A after all them mistakes??

Yhyh, i got the same as you man. Although a little harsh.
Original post by alhrona

did u get prepayment or accrual as 600? can't remember which is which, but one of them was 600.
anyone got some sort of a mark scheme? or the paper?
Original post by ismokeweed
did u get prepayment or accrual as 600? can't remember which is which, but one of them was 600.

One of the things was 2400 for the year that had been accured but not paid. However, it was 2400 invoiced ending july 2016, so we only take 9 months of the 2400, which is 1800. I believe this was for the rent&rates. We also had to add 1500 as a months prepayments I think.
Original post by NikitaPond
I got the third for each

Same , just trying to get as most marks as possible to get my predicted A , but that exam had alot of stuff which threw you out
Original post by alhrona
Same , just trying to get as most marks as possible to get my predicted A , but that exam had alot of stuff which threw you out

Same man, I've got an A in every mock I've done, but I feel like I made too many mistakes this time. Also, I don't feel the paper was that hard, and so I'm worried the grade boundries will be high.
One of the things was 2400 for the year that had been accured but not paid. However, it was 2400 invoiced ending july 2016, so we only take 9 months of the 2400, which is 1800. I believe this was for the rent&rates. We also had to add 1500 as a months prepayments I think.

are you sure? I think the accruals was for £600. prepayment was for like £1400 or something, can't remember exact number.
are you sure? I think the accruals was for £600. prepayment was for like £1400 or something, can't remember exact number.

I'm pretty sure. As I said, the value was definitely 2400 for the whole year. If it was accurals of 600, then that 2400 would have to be till the end of january 2017, so that it is only relevant for the 3 months that have already occured.

Same I got 1500 for accrued expenses

Accruals, however I used 1800

The figure to use was 2400

You did 3/12 x 2400 = 600 but I did 9/12 x 2400 = 1800

Not sure which ones right

Accruals were for three months so 2400 x 3/12 = 600. Prepayments were the total amount of like 1510 lr soemthing like that. How many transaction did you put in the general journal i put two, dishonoured cheque (dr recivables, cr bank) and bad debts (dr bad debts, cr recivables).
Accruals were for three months so 2400 x 3/12 = 600. Prepayments were the total amount of like 1510 lr soemthing like that. How many transaction did you put in the general journal i put two, dishonoured cheque (dr recivables, cr bank) and bad debts (dr bad debts, cr recivables).

can't exactly remember what I put for general journal, I think I put dishonoured check, bad debt and the discounts. I'am pretty sure that accruals was for £600, I'm about 80% sure, but I might be wrong.
Also on T Tracey and the other guys, when doing the receivable accounts was you meant to include sales returns and discounts?
I'm pretty sure the adjustment stated
"£2400 for anual rent have been occured for the month ending July 2016"
Now, the income statement was set in April 2016. This means that the rent invoice starts from July 2015. This means we have used up 9 months of it.
If we have used 9 months, we do 2400/12 * 9 = 1800 accured.
Same man, I've got an A in every mock I've done, but I feel like I made too many mistakes this time. Also, I don't feel the paper was that hard, and so I'm worried the grade boundries will be high.

Most people i know did shocking in the 24 marker so it might quite low for A , lets pray

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending