The Student Room Group

Is it possible to bring my grade up to a B

Had a geography exam today and I just feel like it went so ****. My case study questions were alright but not so good on the shorter ones. I honestly think I'm lucky if I got a D at this rate. That paper was worth 70% of AS and the one on Friday is worth 30%. If I got an A on that paper as I find skills easier, will my grade pull up to a C or maybe a B or if it's a strong A?
Reply 1
Original post by ambermariemorgan
Had a geography exam today and I just feel like it went so ****. My case study questions were alright but not so good on the shorter ones. I honestly think I'm lucky if I got a D at this rate. That paper was worth 70% of AS and the one on Friday is worth 30%. If I got an A on that paper as I find skills easier, will my grade pull up to a C or maybe a B or if it's a strong A?

I'm in the same boat as you. It's 60UMS for a D and you need 140 for a B which means you need to get 80UMS in paper 2 which is basically a really high A.
Original post by The Moo
I'm in the same boat as you. It's 60UMS for a D and you need 140 for a B which means you need to get 80UMS in paper 2 which is basically a really high A.

Well you can't get 80 UMS in unit 2 because the paper is out of 60 UMS, Just saying.
Unit 1 - 140 UMS
Unit 2 - 60 UMS
Reply 3
Original post by Sacred Ground
Well you can't get 80 UMS in unit 2 because the paper is out of 60 UMS, Just saying.
Unit 1 - 140 UMS
Unit 2 - 60 UMS

I assumed it was edexcel which has 120 UMS for paper 1 and 80 UMS for paper 2, but i'm guessing it's a different exam board then. :colondollar:
Original post by The Moo
I assumed it was edexcel which has 120 UMS for paper 1 and 80 UMS for paper 2, but i'm guessing it's a different exam board then. :colondollar:

Maybe you're right and I'm wrong haha

Quick Reply

Latest