The Student Room Group

That B1 exam was so stupid

Literally less than half the spec came up, like wtf
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by HamzahPatel
Literally less than half the spec came up. Like wtf

I agree! It was such a useless question paper and so many people didn't complete the paper due to the lack of biology specification which came up! It was stupid questions which weren't needed!

Um can we stop this now...
If you want to talk about the B1 exam, I would suggest posting on the triple science thread for more people to see
Original post by holkneale
I agree! It was such a useless question paper and so many people didn't complete the paper due to the lack of biology specification which came up! It was stupid questions which weren't needed!

Yeah. I don't remember ever being taught in any class why scatter graphs are used. All that revision for nothing -_-
Reply 4
Yeah. I don't remember ever being taught in any class why scatter graphs are used. All that revision for nothing -_-

I know, there was no need for it! the amount of revision that many people got stressed about or did for a useless exam!
B1 was so easy.
Can everyone stop complaining?
It was common sense.
Original post by TeenPolyglot
B1 was so easy.
It was common sense.

It was a difficult paper for sure, but there were no questions which were impossible to do. I'd done the independent business question in a couple of physics papers before, and am surprised so few people had revised this before.
Original post by homeland.lsw
Um can we stop this now...
If you want to talk about the B1 exam, I would suggest posting on the triple science thread for more people to see

Lol give me a bit more time to get over it. I didn't know subs of sub forums exists. Could I move this existing thread?
Original post by TeenPolyglot
B1 was so easy.
It was common sense.

Thank you
Lol give me a bit more time to get over it. I didn't know subs of sub forums exists. Could I move this existing thread?

No, it's not a sub forum, it's a separate thread lol. It doesn't matter...¬_¬ Like I said earlier, just focus on the New Spec for chemistry, do the new specimen paper.
Try not to think of the exam lol, it's over with.
all these people complaining about a hard GCSE unit 1 exam have no idea what horror awaits them at A2
Original post by beta_tester
all these people complaining about a hard GCSE unit 1 exam have no idea what horror awaits them at A2

Looking forward to that
"An AQA spokesman said: "Exams aren't meant to be easy and students are obviously going to tweet about that, but there was nothing wrong with this paper. We wish everyone the best of luck with the rest of their exams."

Hah, right.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2016/05/17/students-left-fuming-over-gcse-biology-exam-that-contained-quest/
I liked this paper. Apart from the 6 marker which was one line on the spec (although a fairly nice one to remember) I didnt think it was too bad. Although I do understand why people are annoyed about revising so many things for it.
Reply 14

:tongue:
Reply 15
Original post by holkneale

I got extra time
(edited 7 years ago)

They tested us on our knowledge, in the real world than just reading off a text book and remembering it.

I found it alright but the question about an "Independent Company" was ridiculous, never heard of it nor got taught it, so yeah i partially agree with you.
Reply 17
Basically, AQA can f*ck off. I learned the spec inside out. Fair enough they want us to apply that knowledge and im happy to do so, but if you insert questions relating to alcoholic teens, drunk rats and some misleading European snails, i unfortunately wont be able to do so. Fine you gave us a bs paper, the least they can do is lower the f*****g grade boundaries so we can get As and A*.
Lol there are so many news articles online about this. And it's trending on twitter.
Original post by LearnForYOU
They tested us on our knowledge, in the real world than just reading off a text book and remembering it.

I found it alright but the question about an "Independent Company" was ridiculous, never heard of it nor got taught it, so yeah i partially agree with you.

What got me is not only what was there, but also everything that wasn't

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending