The Student Room Group

Could I still get into a good uni?

I know this is really stupid, and everyone's heard this before but basically if I get a C in my history AS, but I get AAAA in physics chem maths and further maths, could I still get into a good uni? I already have an A in computing as, and got 11a*s at gcse. I know this sounds stupid or like I'm bragging, I'm just genuinely concerned- how much of an adverse affect will one bad as grade have if I have good gcses and 5 other good as results?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Unless you intend to apply for a History degree, I highly doubt that an isolated C is gonna have any adverse effects on your chances of getting into a good uni.

This will be especially true if you intend to drop History at A2. So I don't think you have anything to worry about :h:
Reply 2
I seriously doubt that any university will take you in with those grades, let alone a russell group. Maybe B-tech travel and tourism?
Those grades are great! Apply to Cambridge asap, but just not for history.
Original post by markreed
Unless you intend to apply for a History degree, I highly doubt that an isolated C is gonna have any adverse effects on your chances of getting into a good uni.

This will be especially true if you intend to drop History at A2. So I don't think you have anything to worry about :h:

thank you, this is exactly what I needed to hear :smile: I know it's stupid I'm just stressing so much about the exam tomorrow, and I know I won't do very well. I really hate history tbh, the school made me take it because it only counted maths and further maths as one option ugh. can't wait to drop it next year.
Original post by Clara488
I seriously doubt that any university will take you in with those grades, let alone a russell group. Maybe B-tech travel and tourism?

lol i know i'm being stupid, I'm just too tired and stressed to think properly
Original post by HamzahPatel
Those grades are great! Apply to Cambridge asap, but just not for history.

history is not my forte
Reply 7
Original post by emilysmith268
thank you, this is exactly what I needed to hear :smile: I know it's stupid I'm just stressing so much about the exam tomorrow, and I know I won't do very well. I really hate history tbh, the school made me take it because it only counted maths and further maths as one option ugh. can't wait to drop it next year.

Stress gets to the best of us! Just do your best tomorrow and if it should go "so badly" as for you to end up with a C... well screw it, you're dropping the subject anyway!
Reply 8
lol i know i'm being stupid, I'm just too tired and stressed to think properly

Its okay. But remember that there are people who are actually worried about grade requirements and asking questions like these can be a little off-putting for others when you have 10000000 A*s. But anyway well done on this grades, they're brilliant
Original post by Clara488

BTEC*
Original post by Sameerio
BTEC*

oh you wee prankster.. sneaking up on me
oh my god wish i had your grades of course you can
history is not my forte

am i the only one who noticed this pun.:u:
I know this is really stupid, and everyone's heard this before but basically if I get a C in my history AS, but I get AAAA in physics chem maths and further maths, could I still get into a good uni? I already have an A in computing as, and got 11a*s at gcse. I know this sounds stupid or like I'm bragging, I'm just genuinely concerned- how much of an adverse affect will one bad as grade have if I have good gcses and 5 other good as results?

I was offered a place at 2 Russell Group unis (doesn't sound like a lot but they were the only Russell Group unis I applied to :tongue:) with CCD, I'm sure you'll be able to get a place anywhere.
I'm going to the place of massive animals on ABB so you should be fine
I definitely ****ed that up, so hahahahaha @ mylife
Where there is a will there is a way.

I got into an engineering course at a top 20 uni and I finished school with BCC, only one of which was a mathematical subject (Physics). The others were English Literature and Geography (which I got the B in). I just took a year to study on a related foundation course at a nearby further education college, then the following year got an unconditional offer from the uni and I have been there for the last 4 years. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest